I’ve taken great pains to explain exactly what my internet marketing company does, but folks don’t always get it. So here’s my take on what we do, in priority order:
- Pull it all together. You’re dealing with the web designer, the developer, the search expert and the writer. We pull it all together into a real-live strategy.
- Optimize. We perform three kinds of optimization: Search engine optimization (moving you up in the unpaid search rankings); ad spend optimization (making sure the dollars you spend on pay per click, banners and such are generating a return); and site optimization (improving conversion rates for landing pages, your store, etc..
- Keep track. We keep an eye on what folks say about you online, and let you know as necessary. Some folks call this ‘reputation management’. I call it ‘essential’.
- Measure everything. We track who’s coming to your site, why, and what they do when they get there.
- Steer. Any decent internet marketing company will keep you on track. If we see you heading in a direction we think might hurt your business, we let you know, and offer alternatives.
- Teach. This could actually be #1, but it depends on the circumstances. We explain what we’re doing and why, so you become increasingly savvy about internet marketing.
- Report. We keep all this stuff organized, so that you can see what’s going on in one place.
- Analyze. It’s not enough to just send you spreadsheets. We have to make sense of it. That’s analysis.
That’s all there is to it…