Do you think Microsoft will deal with negative reviews of the Zune? Online?
See this review in the Chicago Sun Times. Hardly a small-time publication.
If I were Microsoft I’d:
- Write a detailed blog post breaking down the article and addressing each concern. Especially the one regarding the failed install. Acknowledge failure, then address it.
- Respond to the thousands of comments on Digg.com to at least demonstrate that I’m listening.
- Maybe point out, somewhere, that the author of this article writes a regular column with MacWorld? So maybe he’s a teeeeny bit biased?
- Do a little pay per click marketing. If I search for ‘zune failure’ on Google, there are zero PPC ads. None. For $.15/click Microsoft could place an ad.
- Do a little SEO. Microsoft doesn’t show up in the top 10 for ‘zune failure’ or ‘zune review’. They’re not in the top 5 for ‘zune’. Zune.net is #1 for ‘zune’, which is great and I’m sure that’s a Microsoft property, but why not hold more spots?