See me speak. I never shut up.
Ian Lurie Feb 23 2010
In the next 2 months, I’m speaking all over the place: SMX West, Pubcon South, SEMPDX Searchfest, IMC Calgary and the Gig Harbor Web Design Meetup.
It’s presentation pandemonium.
Here’s the list of dates and places, and what I think I’ll be presenting.
- SMX West: March 2-4, 2010, Santa Clara. Good God, that’s next week! I’m a panelist in Analytics Action Plans For PPC & SEO, Day 3. Christine Churchill is moderating. I’ll be lurking about the other 2 days, of course, then zipping home after I present so I can watch the kids while my wife goes galavanting to New Orleans or some such with her friends. Hmph. By the way, you can get a nice discount for an SMX West all access pass if you use the partner code ‘smx15speaker’ on the registration page. SMX West is a blast, by the way.
- I’ll also be hosting one of the birds of a feather lunch tables at SMX West on March 2nd. My topic: Copywriting for search.
- SEMPDX Searchfest: March 9th, 2010. I’m on a reputation management panel. HAH! Can you imagine? I have no reputation to manage. Fortunately, I’ve done quite a bit of work on rep management for clients. I’ll talk about various dirty tricks to push bad, nasty negative people out of the SERPs. Searchfest is, hands-down, the best one-day search conference on the planet.
- IMC Calgary: March 16, 2010. I’ll be doing a 90-minute session where I get back to the basics – Conversation Marketing. Most important, it’ll be your chance to meet my beautiful and talented wife, who lived in Calgary when we met. She’s responsible for what little sanity I have left, as well as the 15 lbs I’ve gained because of her gourmet cookery.
- Gig Harbor web design meetup. March 30, 2010. I’ll be talking SEO and design. And enjoying the fact that I don’t have to fly anywhere to get to the conference.
- Pubcon South. April 13-15, 2010. I know I’m speaking. Or at least I think I am. I’m not sure. Either way, I don’t know what I’m speaking about, I’m afraid. Look for me there, wandering the halls, looking confused. One thing I know for sure: Pubcon was my favorite conference of 2009.
Whew. Believe it or not, I’m still on the lookout for more gigs. I love talking internet marketing with groups large and small. You can read my spiel here.
CEO & Founder
Ian Lurie is CEO and founder of Portent Inc. He's recorded training for Lynda.com, writes regularly for the Portent Blog and has been published on AllThingsD, Forbes.com and TechCrunch. Ian speaks at conferences around the world, including SearchLove, MozCon, SIC and ad:Tech. Follow him on Twitter at portentint. He also just published a book about strategy for services businesses: One Trick Ponies Get Shot, available on Kindle. Read More