For all you Adwords users out there: Google’s released a new advanced adwords scheduling tool. It lets you increase or decrease your bids on a given day of the week. In this tutorial I review how to use it, and when to use it:
How to Use It
- Log into your Adwords account.
- Check the box labeled ‘ad scheduling’:
- Click ‘Edit Times and Bids’.
- Click ‘switch to advanced mode’:
- Click ‘edit’ next to the day you want to edit.
- In this example, I’m changing the bid on Wednesday to 22% higher than a normal day by entering 122% in the percentage field:
- Click ‘Add’
- Repeat as necessary. Then click ‘Save Changes’.
When to Use It
I use advanced ad scheduling when I see a pattern like this:
For this client, the cost per lead jumps on Saturday and dips on Wednesday. I’d rather see a more level graph, if possible, and I know I can afford just over $4.00 per lead. So boosting Wednesday and dropping Saturday may bring me closer to the goal.
Also consider advanced ad scheduling if:
- You are spending the same amount day over day but see huge differences in conversions.
- You know you can use more frequent ad delivery on certain days.
- You have a special offer on a particular day of the week, every week.
- You want to substitute one ad campaign for another on a certain day of the week.
Hope this helps – please leave any questions in the comment area below: