10 ways to get into big trouble in marketing
Ian Lurie Apr 29 2012
- Base your campaigns on the ‘average’ customer.
- Only follow the data.
- Never follow the data.
- Skimp on content.
- Wait for perfection (hint – you’ll never get it).
- Leave design to designers (hint – you need to know about it, too).
- Leave development to developers (hint – see above).
- Use empty controversy as an outreach tool.
- Ignore the art in what you do.
CEO & Founder
Ian Lurie is CEO and founder of Portent Inc. He's recorded training for Lynda.com, writes regularly for the Portent Blog and has been published on AllThingsD, Forbes.com and TechCrunch. Ian speaks at conferences around the world, including SearchLove, MozCon, SIC and ad:Tech. Follow him on Twitter at portentint. He also just published a book about strategy for services businesses: One Trick Ponies Get Shot, available on Kindle. Read More