I’m going to be speaking at Ignite! Seattle next week (February 19).
My topic: Build your own Internet Bullshit Detector.
I won’t give away too much, but the basic principles will be:
- Hairstyle is not a feature.
- If they can’t communicate, run.
- Bold letters do not increase value.
- Nor does large type or the ability of a site to induce seizure.
- Bankruptcy does not equal experience.
- Stock is toilet paper until you sell it.
- If you feel dirty now, how will you feel in the morning?
We get 5 minutes and 20 slides to communicate. If you want to attend and heckle, go for it. I’m considering this my pre-Searchbowl humiliation warmup.