Internet Bullshit Detector: Speaking at Ignite! Seattle
Ian Lurie Feb 12 2008
I’m going to be speaking at Ignite! Seattle next week (February 19).
My topic: Build your own Internet Bullshit Detector.
I won’t give away too much, but the basic principles will be:
- Hairstyle is not a feature.
- If they can’t communicate, run.
- Bold letters do not increase value.
- Nor does large type or the ability of a site to induce seizure.
- Bankruptcy does not equal experience.
- Stock is toilet paper until you sell it.
- If you feel dirty now, how will you feel in the morning?
We get 5 minutes and 20 slides to communicate. If you want to attend and heckle, go for it. I’m considering this my pre-Searchbowl humiliation warmup.
CEO & Founder
Ian Lurie is CEO and founder of Portent. He's recorded training for Lynda.com, writes regularly for the Portent Blog and has been published on AllThingsD, Forbes.com and TechCrunch. Ian speaks at conferences around the world, including SearchLove, MozCon, SIC and ad:Tech. Follow him on Twitter at portentint. He also just published a book about strategy for services businesses: One Trick Ponies Get Shot, available on Kindle. Read More