Mark Anderson created a great comic about blogger’s block (bloggage, in my own unique language).
It’s fun to look at, but more important, he points out great, time-honored tricks for any creative type who’s stuck for an idea. I’ve used them from time to time and they’re lifesavers:
- Combine, like I sometimes do with my big lists of ideas;
- Exaggerate, which I’ve been doing since birth;
- Reverse, like when I talk about things to do to wreck your corporate blog;
- Anthropomorphize, which I don’t do much. At all;
- Expose unspoken truths;
- Modernize, which is all we ever do.