Six Stunning Secrets to Blogging Like a Cartoonist
Ian Lurie Jan 21 2010
Mark Anderson created a great comic about blogger’s block (bloggage, in my own unique language).
It’s fun to look at, but more important, he points out great, time-honored tricks for any creative type who’s stuck for an idea. I’ve used them from time to time and they’re lifesavers:
- Combine, like I sometimes do with my big lists of ideas;
- Exaggerate, which I’ve been doing since birth;
- Reverse, like when I talk about things to do to wreck your corporate blog;
- Anthropomorphize, which I don’t do much. At all;
- Expose unspoken truths;
- Modernize, which is all we ever do.
CEO & Founder
Ian Lurie is CEO and founder of Portent Inc. He's recorded training for Lynda.com, writes regularly for the Portent Blog and has been published on AllThingsD, Forbes.com and TechCrunch. Ian speaks at conferences around the world, including SearchLove, MozCon, SIC and ad:Tech. Follow him on Twitter at portentint. He also just published a book about strategy for services businesses: One Trick Ponies Get Shot, available on Kindle. Read More