Look at the referring keyword list in your analytics report can teach you a lot. I’ll be doing a video tutorial on that in a few minutes, hopefully.
In the mean time, here are some of the strangest, most bizarre key phrases generating traffic to my blog:
- “Buy a wife”. Actually explained by this post, which ranks in the top 20 on Google. I will not sell wife-market ads on this page, sorry.
- “Snidely Whiplash”. This one’s generated by the image search result and top-10 ranking for ‘snidely whiplash’ for this article.
- “I hate customers”. No I don’t! You pay me money!
- “Lemming”. I have no words.
- “Parthenon cake”. I’m not surprised by this one as I did a post about it. But who the hell searches for ‘parthenon cake’?!
- “Biggest goldfish”. Bwah?
- “Uvula”. No idea.
- “Poop blog”. I have to accept blame for this one.
- “Dumb dumb stupid head”. OK dokey.
- “How many people jumped off the brooklyn bridge”. ???
- “Roxicet 30mg”. Sorry, if I had any I’d take it.
- “Start a sexy conversation on the internet”. No. I have no content about this. No finger pointing please.
So there you go. Amazing what folks search for out there…