We’re hiring: Copywriter/Social Media addict wanted
Ian Lurie Jan 27 2009
Copywriter/Social Media Strategist
About Portent Interactive
Like a clever viral ad, our upbeat internet marketing agency provides an atmosphere of effortless fun and seamless ingenuity. Like any good moderator, we are canny and selective about whom we target to join our close-knit community.
Critical thinkers. Quirky characters. Shameless geeks. People who thrive in a choose-your-own adventure environment where each day is different, and where you are free (and encouraged) to customize your work experience.
Are you the plug-in Portent is missing? We are searching for a smart, savvy copywriter with a strong marketing/social media background. An ability to write killer taglines and create itchy click fingers is good. A keen knowledge of social media and link baiting is even better. If you know how to write for Digg, Kirtsy, and Stumble, already have accounts on these sites, and have worked on strategy for social media campaigns, we want to hear from you. To apply, please send your resume and your three best writing clips or campaigns to ian AT portent DOT com.
- Produce a variety of marketing copy with an initial focus on articles for blogs and social networks, eventually expanding into marketing collateral
- Brainstorm and implement successful social media campaigns.
- Fluent on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.
- Write pithy, conversational prose for a portfolio of clients ranging from: bridal, electronic signatures, Asian food, and day planners.
- Help clients find the best social media outlets for their business.
- Meet deadlines and milestones in a timely fashion.
- Complete independent research as needed to write knowledgeably on particular subjects.
- Consistently produce quality work that is cognizant of the tone and style of each client’s website, as well as up to the superior standards of our company.
- Maintain poised and appropriate behavior whenever operating in a professional capacity
- B.A. in Journalism, Marketing, Communications or a related field
- Impeccable command of punctuation and language mechanics
- Experience with Movable Type, blogging, forums and social networks helpful.
- Ability to independently generate new copy ideas on a weekly basis
- Marketing background preferred
- Comfortable working in an online environment and adapting to company culture
- Ability to nimbly produce and alter copy on deadline when necessary
In exchange, we offer:
- A group of people who like each other.
- 100% health and prescription plan for each employee.
- Market pay, based on experience. I’m not going to pay you $80,000. I’m not going to pay you $10/hour, either.
We look forward to working with you!
Ian Lurie is CEO and founder of Portent Inc. He's recorded training for Lynda.com, writes regularly for the Portent Blog and has been published on AllThingsD, Forbes.com and TechCrunch. Ian speaks at conferences around the world, including SearchLove, MozCon, SIC and ad:Tech. Follow him on Twitter at portentint. He also just published a book about strategy for services businesses: One Trick Ponies Get Shot, available on Kindle. Read More