What I’d Do If I weren’t in SEO
Ian Lurie Aug 24 2007
imnotadoctor tagged me today with the question:
What career would I pick if I were not in the SEO industry?
I’m in internet marketing, strictly speaking, but, in order of desirability, here’s what I’d choose:
- Novelist. I love writing. Everyone tells me I should write a book. Sure! I’ll be rich!
- Bicycle shop owner. This is actually my retirement plan, for fun, someday.
- Gaming shop owner (geeky games – my family would starve to death).
- Intelligence analyst. Seriously. Could I do any worse?
- Lawyer. I have a law degree, as yet unused. But I’d rather explain my errors to a hostile Congress than practice law.
CEO & Founder
Ian Lurie is CEO and founder of Portent. He's recorded training for Lynda.com, writes regularly for the Portent Blog and has been published on AllThingsD, Forbes.com and TechCrunch. Ian speaks at conferences around the world, including SearchLove, MozCon, SIC and ad:Tech. Follow him on Twitter at portentint. He also just published a book about strategy for services businesses: One Trick Ponies Get Shot, available on Kindle. Read More