12 SEO things I want
Ian Lurie Nov 10 2009
- Access to real, accurate, useful, transparent query data.
- For all snake oil sellers to shag off.
- For all people who say all SEO is snake oil to shag off.
- A Google webmaster tools API that actually lets me read data.
- A real competitor to Google. Not that I don’t like Google, but c’mon.
- PageRank forever erased from the Google Toolbar.
- The phrase ‘link exchange’ forever erased from our collective intellect.
- A mandatory kidney punch for anyone who says SEO is about optimizing your meta tags. OK, maybe just a sneer. I’m not a violent man.
- A year to complete all the cool tools I’ve dreamed up, but can never build because of time constraints. Just a year? Pretty please?
- An end to brand favoritism.
- Linking guidelines that don’t resemble the legal system in a Franz Kafka novel. I know everyone’s just doing their best, I really do. But still…
- A look 10 years into the future. We’ve come from nothing, essentially, to what we have now in 10 years. Can you imagine what 2019 will be like? I can’t wait.
CEO & Founder
Ian Lurie is CEO and founder of Portent and the EVP of Marketing Services at Clearlink. He's been a digital marketer since the days of AOL and Compuserve (25 years, if you're counting). He's recorded training for Lynda.com, writes regularly for the Portent Blog and has been published on AllThingsD, Smashing Magazine, and TechCrunch.Ian speaks at conferences around the world, including SearchLove, MozCon, Seattle Interactive Conference and ad:Tech. He has published has published several books about business and marketing: One Trick Ponies Get Shot, available on Kindle, The Web Marketing All-In-One Desk Reference for Dummies, and Conversation Marketing.Follow him on Twitter at portentint, and on LinkedIn at LinkedIn.com/in/ianlurie. Read More