As part of the Internet Marketing Q&A, David asks: Aside from standard on-page optimization and getting backlinks, what would you see as “high level” SEO practices? (sure, reveal all your secrets, for free, in a public place… 😉
Well, rest assured, David, I won’t reveal all my secrets. Maybe a few sekrits, but that’s it. Here are a few serious SEO areas you’ll want to check out, though, that either go beyond the usual on-page and link building stuff, or go into totally new areas:
- Consolidate links wherever possible, to make better use of pagerank and authority.
- Optimize videos that are embedded in your site.
- Optimize images.
- Got a shopping feed? Optimize that, too.
- Make sure you’re tracking 2nd page clicks in Google Analytics. You can read this Google Analytics cheat sheet that some nice guy created.
- Consider going beyond a typical keyword mining run and doing a full, page by page keyword map.
- Upgrade your site’s performance with speed enhancements.
Oh, you can hire a professional SEO, too 🙂