Portent Delivers a #1 Ranking on ‘Wedding Dresses’ in 3 mos.
David’s Bridal is a major retailer of wedding dresses, prom dresses, and related accessories in the United States.
With over 300 stores in the U.S., Canada, and Puerto Rico, the company is a highly popular brick and mortar brand trying to translate that success online.
David’s Bridal hired Portent with one primary goal: to capture the #1 Google ranking on the term ‘wedding dresses.’
The phrases ‘bridesmaids dresses’ and ‘prom dresses’ were secondary targets.
Results at a Glance
- #1 rankings on the terms ‘weddings dresses’ and ‘bridesmaids dresses’ from positions #3 and #2 respectively
- A 276% increase in revenue from non-branded organic traffic year over year
- A 69% increase in revenue from organic traffic year over year
- A #3 rank for ‘prom dresses,’ up from position 10
In order to achieve David’s Bridal’s primary and secondary goals, Portent developed an overall content strategy aimed at increasing their visibility to, and authority with, the search engines. The tactics employed included:
- Creating a comprehensive content strategy including content for the ranking pages
- Optimizing the product description format and providing copy edits for best-selling products
- Providing detailed SEO recommendations including optimized title tag and landing page copy
- Implementing a reverse proxy for blog content from blogs.davidsbridal.com
Through an efficient, effective onsite content strategy, Portent was able to deliver number one rankings on ‘wedding dresses’ and ‘bridesmaid dresses’ to David’s Bridal in three months, as well as a 20% increase in overall organic traffic year over year.