Triple Digit PPC Growth At Half The CPA
Linode is a Linux virtual private server (VPS) hosting provider with data centers worldwide. As a hosting provider, they compete for leads and customers with some of the biggest brands in the world including Amazon (AWS), Microsoft (Azure) and Google Cloud.
Paid Search StrategyPaid Search ManagementConversion Rate OptimizationAnalytics
Tech - Cloud Hosting
As a hosting provider, Linode competes with some of the biggest brands in the world. Rising lead gen costs and competitors with virtually unlimited budgets had them looking for a new approach.
Rising lead gen costs and extreme competition from industry giants
In the face of intense and mounting competition for lead generation, Linode had three critical goals:
- Stay competitive against industry giants while staying on budget.
- Improve prospect targeting and lead quality from paid search.
- Significantly improve conversion rate.
Based on Linode’s competitive landscape and needs, Portent:
- Reorganized their PPC account structure to significantly increase efficiency and ROI.
- Provided ongoing consulting and optimization of advanced SEM bid strategies.
- Edited copy for higher conversion.
- Performed conversion rate optimization and multivariate testing.
Over 5 years of working closely together, Portent and Linode have achieved:
Year one: 619% increase in lead generation, with a 57% decrease in cost per acquisition (CPA)
Years two to five: 123% average annual growth in SEM leads, with 31% average annual CPA improvement.
A 31% conversion rate increase in customer acquisition via Conversion Rate Optimization