Portent Helps Zetta Increase Organic Traffic 30% in First Three Months
Zetta is a cloud-based online backup and disaster recovery system that provides server data protection to (primarily) enterprise-grade companies.
Founded in 2009, Zetta specializes in superior performance and security on the cloud. They backup over 4 million files per month.
Zetta hired Portent to increase traffic and, consequently, conversions. (A conversion was defined as a lead, either by requesting a quote, using the ‘contact us’ form, or signing up for a free trial.)
Results at a Glance
- 52% increase in non-branded organic traffic in the first three months
- 30% increase in organic traffic in the first three months
- 4 months into the engagement, Zetta.net reported the largest number of new clients in company history
In order to drive traffic to zetta.net, Portent created a comprehensive search engine optimization strategy.
The tactics employed included:
- Correcting various technical problems including canonicalization and broken links
- Consolidating duplicate content
- Optimizing title tags, h1s, and image alt text
- Creating a blog content strategy that built awareness and trust
- Emphasizing social media outreach, particularly focused on quality, fresh content
- Providing conversion rate optimization guidance
Through holistic Internet marketing, Portent generated major traffic gains for Zetta, both in organic and non-branded organic traffic, within three months of engagement.m