Job Posting Title:
Content Marketing Manager
The Content Marketing Manager role at Portent is completely unique. We need an experienced content marketer who wants to drive great marketing. We’ll provide the starting strategy- you need to drive on it, executing and making it better along the way.
We need to get s–t done. We’ll provide the budget and resources. You need to marshal that budget and resources to make our marketing strategy happen in a fast-moving environment. Instead of spending your time on proposals and pitches, you spend your time executing strategy, enacting change, and getting things done as you work to build the Portent brand while doing it all within our core values of SHIFTS.
At Portent, our agency relies on creating and maintaining valuable relationships. As the Content Marketing Manager, you will connect with employees and help contribute to a fun, positive work environment that facilitates creative ideas and inspires employees to meet aggressive goals.
We’re looking for someone who can quickly hit the ground running and help us continue our success.
- With guidance from Portent’s executive team, execute a long-term content marketing strategy and roadmap that builds the agency’s brand and website.
- Oversee the editorial calendar, serving as the go-to person for all content-related aspects of portent.com.
- Collaborate with an in-house team of marketing subject matter experts to identify content topics, review outlines, edit content and publish to ensure deadlines are met consistently.
- Help guide a cross-functional digital marketing team comprised of SEO, PPC, Social, Content, Analytics, Design, and Development subject matter experts to amplify the agency’s content.
- Review, analyze, and report on core agency KPIs.
- A minimum of 5 years of content marketing experience
- Intermediate knowledge of how content marketing fits into the marketing stack
- Proven experience with HubSpot
- Proven experience with Google Analytics
- Proven experience with WordPress
- A proven track record of building and executing content plans and/or editorial calendars
- Independent thinker with the ability to work with minimal direction or supervision
- Professional communicator. Shares updates and ideas proactively. Communicates with clarity and confidence. Good at being flexible when plans/strategy changes. Proper listening skills and understanding, and responsiveness to emails/slack messages in a timely manner.
- Passionate. Highly motivated, focused, driven, and proactively pushing to better themselves, processes, and their peers. Takes the initiative. Works with a sense of urgency. Consistently produces their best work.
- Present. Pays attention during meetings and when other team members are speaking to them, doesn’t try to multitask when it negatively affects their ability to listen
- Accountable. Takes ownership. Self-reliant, excellent problem solver, results oriented. Quick to take responsibility, proactive, doesn’t wait. Ensures appropriate written tracking for meetings, decisions, deadlines, etc. Not afraid to challenge processes. Brings solutions instead of problems.
- Adaptable. Can pivot easily and help the cross-functional team and clients come up with solutions to move forward when faced with obstacles. Adapts based on feedback.
- Punctual. Excellent time management skills. Ability to execute on assigned initiatives promptly. Arrives on time to meetings.
- Collaborative. Ability to collaborate with multiple departments and practitioners independently to problem solve. Effectively interfaces with senior management and staff.
- Goal-oriented. Ability to stay focused on the goal at hand, mapping recommendations back to clients’ KPIs and goals. Able to ensure clients implement our recommendations.
Portent, Clearlink’s agency team, is comprised of 60 marketers with offices in Seattle and Salt Lake City. Portent has been supporting Fortune 500 companies with their digital marketing for over 20 years. At Portent, you will have opportunities to work with people who are as passionate as they are talented, develop yourself and your skills, and work on challenging and rewarding projects for some of the world’s biggest brands. We also like to reward our employees:
- Flexible work from home schedules
- Up to 100% healthcare for your entire family
- Over two weeks paid time off
- Paid ski days, wellness activities, and team outings
- Fully-stocked break room and gourmet coffee
- Award-winning wellness program with free health coaching
- All-expense paid vacations for top employees