Job Posting Title:
Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO) Specialist
Out of an abundance of caution for the current situation with the Coronavirus (COVID-19), we are offering a completely virtual hiring process; this means all your interview steps will be completed via phone or video meeting. While our day-to-day approach has changed a bit during this time, our dedication to hiring the best talent in the industry and helping them to thrive both personally and professionally is stronger than ever. With COVID putting the need to work in a physical office environment on hold indefinitely, we’re looking to recruit for this role in several states and are fully comfortable with managing, training, and working alongside remote employees.
Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO) Specialist
Are you passionate about delivering great user experiences to website visitors? Are you ready to take your next step in the UX field supported by some of the brightest marketing minds in the business?
Portent is looking for a CRO Specialist to help us develop A/B testing plans. The hallmark of our agency is that we work with clients in a variety of different industries from software and telecommunications to HVAC and manufacturing. So if you get this role with us, you’ll gain an incredible diversity of experience working in many different online verticals.
This role would live in our Analytics organization, where we’re really interested in putting data back to work in optimizing sites. We also value qualitative user studies to inform the CRO work we do, and we rely on folks with backgrounds in psychology to bring that expertise to the table as well.
If you’re ready to take your CRO career to the next level, apply with us!
Reports to: Director of Analytics
- Support the Analytics Team Lead and other practitioners to help execute for clients in Google Optimize, Optimizely, Unbounce, and other third-party A/B platforms.
- Partner with Strategists and Senior Strategists to offer recommendations including:
- A/B testing plans, UX implementations, and other user research projects.
- Perform user research studies to aid in the development of testing plans for clients including card sorting, focus groups, and user interviews to understand qualitative aspects of user behavior
- Track, measure, and report on all client work each month via creating and maintaining CRO tracking sheets and collaborate with Analytics teammates to automate client-facing reports
- Partner with Portent’s content, development, search, and social teams when needed to plan and execute tests.
- Manage client communication and interaction for the team in a timely and consistent fashion.
- Contribute to the Portent blog and marketing initiatives.
- Stay current with industry trends and standard methodologies.
Position Requirements & Competencies
- 1-2 years of CRO experience
- Proven experience or Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Advertising
- Solid understanding of A/B testing tools, including Google Optimize, Optimizely, and Unbounce
- Solid understanding of qualitative user research principles
- Solid understanding of analytics tools, including Google Analytics suite (Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Google Optimize, Google Data Studio) and other third-party analytics platforms
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as the ability to effectively collaborate with senior management and staff.
- Ability to execute on assigned initiatives promptly.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Self-reliant, excellent problem-solver, results-oriented.
- Ability to collaborate with multiple departments independently to problem solve.
More About Portent
Portent, Clearlink’s agency team, is comprised of 40+ hardworking digital marketers, with offices in both Seattle and Salt Lake City. Portent has been supporting Fortune 500 companies to achieve their digital marketing goals for over 20 years, working in conjunction with many of the world’s biggest brands. We’ve made a name for ourselves as industry leaders in digital marketing staples such as SEO, paid search, content creation, web design, and social, thanks largely to our insatiable need to constantly learn about our ever-involving industry.
Working at Portent means becoming part of a team dedicated to acquiring the knowledge and expertise that will keep us on the front lines of innovation in our craft. Not only are we passionate about gaining that knowledge, but we are also dedicated to sharing it with coworkers, clients, and anybody who will listen. This cultural focus on teaching and inclusivity inherently drives connections between our people. Pair this culture with our organizational focus on helping develop detailed and outstanding career development paths for every single employee, and we hope that it’s easy to see yourself working here.
We believe that energized, well-balanced people with interests outside of work make the best employees, which is why we offer the following benefits:
- Flexible work from home schedules
- Up to 100% paid healthcare for your entire family
- Over one month of paid time off to start
- 12 weeks paid parental leave
- Matching 401K
- Get paid every Friday
- Monthly wellness activities
- Quarterly company outings
- One Friday a month dedicated to skill development and training
- Fully-stocked lunch room and gourmet coffee
- Award-winning wellness program with free health coaching
- Monthly employee recognition awards
- All-expense paid vacations for top employees
*Everyone is a part; no one is apart. Ours is a community for everyone. We embrace diversity in experience, identity, and perspective, not only to help each of us learn and grow but also to expand the capabilities of our business.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.