Who We’re Looking For – Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO) Strategist
Are you passionate about delivering great user experiences to website visitors? Are you ready to take your next step in the UX field supported by some of the brightest marketing minds in the business?
Portent is looking for a CRO Strategist to help us develop A/B testing plans. The hallmark of our agency is that we work with clients in a variety of different industries from software and telecommunications to HVAC and manufacturing. So if you get this role with us, you’ll gain an incredible diversity of experience working in many different online verticals.
This role will report to the Director of Analytics and live in our Analytics organization, where we’re really interested in putting data back to work in optimizing sites. We also value qualitative user studies to inform the CRO work we do, and we rely on folks with backgrounds in psychology to bring that expertise to the table as well.
If you’re ready to take your CRO career to the next level, apply with us!
What You’ll Do
- Support the Director of Analytics and other practitioners to help execute for clients in Google Optimize, Optimizely, Unbounce, and other third-party A/B platforms
- Partner with Senior Strategists to offer recommendations
- A/B testing plans, UX implementations, and other user research projects
- Perform user research studies to aid in the development of testing plans for clients including card sorting, focus groups, and user interviews to understand qualitative aspects of user behavior
- Track, measure, and report on all client work each month via creating and maintaining CRO tracking sheets and collaborate with Analytics teammates to automate client-facing reports
- Partner with Portent’s content, development, search, and social teams when needed to plan and execute tests
- Manage client communication and interaction for the team in a timely and consistent fashion
- Contribute to the Portent blog and marketing initiatives
What You Need
- 2-3 years of CRO experience
- Proven experience or Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Advertising
- Experience with qualitative user research principles
- Experience with analytics tools, including Google Analytics suite (Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Google Optimize, Google Data Studio) and other third-party analytics platforms
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to execute on assigned initiatives promptly
- Excellent time management skills
- Self-reliant, excellent problem-solver, results-oriented
- Ability to collaborate with multiple departments independently to problem solve
Portent, Clearlink’s agency team, is comprised of 40+ hardworking digital marketers, originally founded in Seattle, now with team members across the country. Portent has been supporting Fortune 500 companies to achieve their digital marketing goals for over 25 years, working in conjunction with many of the world’s biggest brands. We’ve built a killer team comprised of experts in SEO, PPC, Paid Social, Digital PR, CRO, Analytics, and Development to consistently deliver results for our dynamic book of agency clients.
Working at Portent means becoming part of a team dedicated to acquiring the knowledge and expertise that will keep us on the front lines of innovation in our craft. Not only are we passionate about gaining that knowledge, but we are also dedicated to sharing it with fellow team members, clients, and the digital marketing community. This cultural focus on teaching and inclusivity inherently drives connections between our people. Pair this culture with our organizational focus for career development paths and we hope that it’s easy to see yourself working here.
We believe that energized, well-balanced people with interests outside of work make the best employees, which is why we offer the following benefits:
- Award-winning healthcare and wellness programs
- Generous paid time off- 20 days off in your first year, in addition to paid holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Matching 401K
- Weekly pay
- Detailed skill development and training programs
- Monthly employee recognition awards
- All-expense paid vacations for top employees
*COVID-19/Remote Work Update
We learned from the new reality of Coronavirus (COVID-19) that remote hiring, onboarding, and ongoing employment is not only possible but adds value for our people and to our business. The accomplishments of our team while working in a remote capacity catalyzed us to embrace remote work as a long-term strategy, and we are now hiring in AZ, CA, CO, FL, IL, MN, NY, NC, OR, UT, and WA. While our day-to-day approach has changed, our dedication to hiring the best talent in the industry and helping people to thrive both personally and professionally is stronger than ever.