Who We’re Looking For
The CRO Strategist completes client work under the supervision of a Director of Analytics or another individual practitioner within the agency. A Strategist is expected to operate independently of a Director or individual contributor but is guided by them. They work directly with Client Partners and clients to complete their work. They require minimal direction to complete projects. They are successful if they deliver high-quality work without needing significant review from a Director or Client Partner.
Strategists will have client-facing responsibilities. Communication will be coordinated and approved by the Director or Senior Strategists.
Strategists will feature on individual accounts as instructed by the Director, and be overseen in that specialization by the Director or Senior Strategists.
Reports to: Director of Analytics
- Support the Director of Analytics and other practitioners to help implement for clients in Google Optimize, Optimizely, Unbounce, and other third-party A/B platforms.
- Supervise client marketing channels, seek out growth opportunities, and provide broad strategic insight to internal and external partners.
- Partner with Senior Strategists to offer recommendations including:
- A/B testing plans, UX implementations, and other user research projects.
- Perform user research studies to aid in the development of testing plans for clients including card sorting, usability testing, and user interviews to understand qualitative aspects of user behavior
- Track, measure, and report on all client work each month via crafting and maintaining CRO tracking sheets and collaborating with Analytics teammates to automate client-facing reports
- Partner with Portent’s content, development, search, and social teams when needed to plan and implement tests.
- Lead client communication and interaction for the team in a timely and consistent fashion.
- Chip in to the Portent blog and marketing initiatives.
- Stay current with industry trends and standard methodologies.
We expect the CRO Strategist to demonstrate a proficient skill set of the following cornerstones:
- Superior communicator. Clearly articulates verbal and written messages with appropriate voice, tone, and content. Actively listens and engages in meetings, and displays strong asynchronous communication practices outside of meetings through email/Slack. Proven track record to interface optimally with clients and third-party stakeholders.
- Reliable teammate. Takes ownership. Work product is consistently detailed, complete, accurate, and delivered on time. Understands and follows through on the expectations of our schedule, deadline, and project management processes.
- Professionally Mature. Highly motivated, autonomous, resilient, and proactively work to better themselves. Shows up with an optimistic demeanor, ready to work in a productive manner. Realistic in what is achievable and demonstrates the ability to be trusted. Displays genuine curiosity for their craft, our business, and partners with those around them to bring groups together.
- Key Contributor. Drives positive outcomes for our clients and our business. Understands our agency’s standard processes and services and contribute to our business development engine. Shows deep knowledge of our craft and contributes to the digital marketing industry in a significant way.
- Impact Leader. Shares the vision of their work, team, and the agency at large. Praises fellow team members. Advocates for their needs and the needs of their team. Understands the big picture and makes the right decisions with strong eye for business.
Position Requirements & Competencies
- 2-4 years of CRO marketing experience
- Intermediate working knowledge of A/B testing tools, including Google Optimize, Optimizely, and Unbounce
- Intermediate working knowledge of analytics tools, including Google Analytics suite (Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Google Optimize, Google Data Studio) and other third-party analytics platforms
- Intermediate working knowledge of qualitative user research, user experience, and web design principles
- Knowledge of HTML & CSS is a plus, but not required
In addition to competitive pay and a healthy work/life integration, Clearlink offers industry-leading benefits to support you both inside and outside of the workplace. Some of the benefits include:
- An award winning tenure based benefits program. Employees have a path for 100% of healthcare premiums to be paid in full for themselves and anyone on our plan. (Yes, this includes domestic partners too!)
- A generous time-off policy that starts at 20 days of paid vacation accrued per year for corporate employees.
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401K matching, tuition reimbursement, dedicated budget for conferences and certifications training/certification opportunities.
- An up to $200 desk reimbursement for all corporate new hires.
- Fringe Benefits – A “pick your perks” platform for employees to utilize what fits their wants and needs.