Who We’re Looking For – Digital Marketing Project Manager
The Digital Marketing Project Manager is expected to be able to act autonomously while still working in close collaboration with the Director Process and Project Management. They work directly with clients, client partners, team leads, and strategists to complete their work. They require minimal direction to manage and complete projects. They work on continuing to refine the project management process at Portent. This role also has client-facing responsibilities.
What You’ll Do
- Efficiently and effectively lead sprint refinement meetings and project status standup meetings
- Ensure timely delivery of projects and deliverables on both ongoing client work and project-based work
- Collaborate with and update account managers and clients on the status of projects and obstacles to work completion
- Manage discussion and compromise around project prioritization and trade-offs when necessary
- Drive risk mitigation through proactive communication and identification of areas of opportunity
- Be a subject matter expert on the modified Scrum process at Portent
- Understand integrated Marketing services workflows, dependencies, and timelines
- Facilitate collaboration between teams when needed
- Support the services teams and client partners to manage the workload of strategists and team leads across the company
- Take notes during client and internal meetings
- Create backlogs, confirm and enter all tasks into Teamwork
- Facilitate change management with team leads
- Document and update documentation of project management processes at Portent
What You Need
- 2-4 years of Project Management experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Marketing, Communications, Advertising, or related field.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Ability to establish cross-functional, collaborative relationships with team members
- Strong sense of ownership in the handling of responsibilities
- Ability to manage relationships with multiple partners
- Highly organized with an eye for detail
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and meet timelines
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently
- Analytical with a knack for creating and improving processes
- Flexible mentality with the ability to adjust to changing priorities
Process & Tools
A Project Manager should know how to use our tools in order to understand the project management framework at Portent and to provide our services teams with structure and understanding of their upcoming work.
- Intermediate knowledge of Project Management terms, principles, and Tools (Teamwork or similar PM tools)
- Intermediate knowledge of Google Sheets and LucidChart (or similar flowcharting tool)
Succeeding in the role of a Digital Marketing Project Manager isn’t just about technical knowledge. It’s equally important for a Digital Marketing Project Manager to be able to effectively navigate working with both coworkers and clients.
We expect a Digital Marketing Project Manager to demonstrate the following traits:
- Professional communicator: Shares updates and ideas proactively. Communicates with clarity and confidence. Good at being flexible when plans/strategy changes. Proper listening skills and understanding, and responsiveness to emails/slack messages in a timely manner.
- Passionate: Highly motivated, focused, driven, and proactively pushing to better themselves, processes, and their peers. Takes the initiative. Works with a sense of urgency. Consistently produces their best work.
- Present: Pays attention during meetings and when other team members are speaking to them, doesn’t try to multitask when it negatively affects their ability to listen.
- Accountable: Takes ownership. Self-reliant, excellent problem-solver, results-oriented. Quick to take responsibility, proactive, doesn’t wait. Ensures appropriate written tracking for meetings, decisions, deadlines, etc. Not afraid to challenge processes. Brings solutions instead of problems.
- Adaptable: Can pivot easily and help the cross-functional team and clients come up with solutions to move forward when faced with obstacles. Adapts based on feedback.
- Punctual: Excellent time management skills. Ability to execute on assigned initiatives promptly. Arrives on time to meetings.
- Collaborative: Ability to collaborate with multiple departments and practitioners independently to problem solve. Effectively works with senior management and staff.
- Goal-oriented: Ability to stay focused on the goal at hand, pushing projects forward to meet clients’ metrics and goals.
It’s important that a Digital Marketing Project Manager understands Portent’s products, culture, processes, and operations, including:
- Deep knowledge of the internal teams throughout the organization
- Understanding of Portent’s goals and philosophy
Portent, Clearlink’s agency team, is comprised of 40+ hardworking digital marketers, originally founded in Seattle, now with team members across the country. Portent has been supporting Fortune 500 companies to achieve their digital marketing goals for over 25 years, working in conjunction with many of the world’s biggest brands. We’ve built a killer team comprised of professionals in SEO, PPC, Paid Social, Digital PR, CRO, Analytics, and Development to consistently deliver results for our dynamic book of agency clients.
Working at Portent means becoming part of a team dedicated to acquiring the knowledge and expertise that will keep us on the front lines of innovation in our craft. Not only are we passionate about gaining that knowledge, but we are also dedicated to sharing it with fellow team members, clients, and the digital marketing community. This cultural focus on teaching and inclusivity inherently drives connections between our people. Pair this culture with our organizational focus for career development paths and we hope that it’s easy to see yourself working here!
We believe that energized, well-balanced people with interests outside of work make the best employees, which is why we offer the following benefits:
- Award-winning healthcare and wellness programs
- Generous paid time off- 20 days off in your first year, in addition to paid holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Matching 401K
- Weekly pay
- Detailed skill development and training programs
- Monthly employee recognition awards
- All-expense paid vacations for top employees
*COVID-19/Remote Work Update
We learned from the new reality of Coronavirus (COVID-19) that remote hiring, onboarding, and ongoing employment is not only possible but adds value for our people and to our business. The accomplishments of our team while working in a remote capacity catalyzed us to embrace remote work as a long-term strategy, and we are now hiring in AZ, CA, CO, FL, IL, MN, NY, NC, OR, UT, and WA. While our day-to-day approach has changed, our dedication to hiring the best talent in the industry and helping people to thrive both personally and professionally is stronger than ever.