Editorial Content Specialist
Aug 19 2018
Job Posting Title:
Editorial Content Specialist
In collaboration with the marketing team and senior leadership, this person is responsible for all aspects of the Portent blog – ensuring timeliness and overall quality of writing by Portent subject matter experts through SME coaching, unwavering follow-up, and hands-on editing. This person will work closely with the Marketing Director to ensure topics play to SME strengths, contribute to broader campaigns and themes of the overall marketing plan, and enhance the Portent & Clearlink brand as measured by readership, site interaction, and social engagement.
Reports To: Marketing Director
Oversee the Editorial Plan & Calendar – You’ll serve as the go-to person for all content-related aspects of the Portent blog. You’ll work with the Marketing Director to develop the editorial plan, including ongoing management of the editorial calendar. This content will span topics like SEO, web analytics, development, social media, paid search, and overall digital marketing strategy, and range in complexity from beginner-level to deeply technical.
Collaborate with Marketing Leadership – You’ll work closely with the Marketing Director to understand and set goals for the blog, advance the blog style and content guide, and support broader marketing initiatives.
Work with the Writing Team – Portent produces all of its own blog content, so you’ll work with an in-house team of marketing subject matter experts to choose topics, review outlines, edit content, and ensure deadlines are met consistently.
Edit, Approve, and Publish Content – For all content submitted to the blog you’ll review, edit, approve (or send back to the author for rewrites), schedule, draft social sharing copy, and publish.
SEO Implementation – You’ll need to understand the SEO goals for the Portent blog and site, and make sure all blog content is optimized for search based on those goals. You’ll use tools like Yoast SEO, SEMRush, and Google Webmaster Tools for basic review and optimization on a regular basis.
Copywriting – You’ll conceptualize and write digital marketing copy across a variety of channels and campaigns, as well as client communications, case studies, and pitch decks.
Social Media Management
Manage the Portent blog community by moderating and responding to comments.
Manage social media marketing and community management activities such as posting regularly to Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn, engaging with our audience across readers as well as influencers and thought leaders.
Extend the reach of Portent’s blog content by managing content promotion on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
Candidates should show a passion for digital marketing, should understand customer trigger points, and should have experience crafting effective B2B marketing copy across various channels.
We want to hire someone who can hit the ground running, drive our blog content and marketing collateral, and bring ideas to the table.
- 5+ years experience in content & marketing
- Experience working with designers and a creative team
- Strong experience writing and editing across varied marketing channels
- Must have a marketing or advertising copywriter or editing portfolio
- Strong experience in digital marketing and an ability to change copy based on placement, timing, and audience.
- Results-oriented with ability to take feedback and use feedback and metrics to improve future performance.
- Comfortable brainstorming and openly sharing ideas.
- Creative thinker who thrives in an always-changing, fast-paced and often ambiguous work environment.
- Autonomous, self-starter who asks great questions and seeks information and resources to excel in their position
- Seeks understanding and loves working collaboratively with others, incorporating differing ideas and opinions from stakeholders to create the best possible content.
- Experience managing a corporate blog, including the calendar.
Portent, Clearlink’s agency team, is comprised of 60 marketers with offices in Seattle and Salt Lake City. Portent has been supporting Fortune 500 companies with their digital marketing for over 20 years. At Portent, you will have opportunities to work with people who are as passionate as they are talented, develop yourself and your skills, and work on challenging and rewarding projects for some of the world’s biggest brands. We also like to reward our employees:
- Flexible work from home schedules
- Up to 100% healthcare for your entire family
- Over two weeks paid time off
- Paid ski days, wellness activities, and team outings
- Fully-stocked break room and gourmet coffee
- Award-winning wellness program with free health coaching
- All-expense paid vacations for top employees