Integration Project Manager
Apr 24 2018
Job Posting Title:
Integration Project Manager
Insurance Integration Project Manager
The Integrations Project Manager organizes and manages the integration process for our Insurance Solution Offerings with new clients. This includes, but is not limited to, virtual and brick & mortar sales order entry tools, clients 3rd party applications, and API integration. The Integrations Manager owns the communication between the client for the integration, including system & process issues. The Integrations Manager operates as the Product Manager for clients integration.
The Integrations Manager works autonomously and is tasked with communication on upcoming client changes, as well as working with training department to see the correct needs for the sales floor are met. They may act as a third party mediator and be accountable for leading department-wide process implementation, change, and communication for their brands. They are the subject matter expert on their brands and the go-to contact for any brand related questions, issues, etc.
- The Integrations Manager scopes and prioritizes projects for our clients.
- They work with Director of Project Operations to ensure their projects are completed.
- Works with IT leadership to effect change and constantly push the team to new levels of knowledge and practice for the client integration.
- Works with Account Management to create seamless onboarding for new partners and/or new initiatives for existing partners.
- They communicate any system outages to departments, like marketing, and communicates with the partner when needed.
- Documentation and schematics of brand integration process will be key to the ongoing success of the partner integration.
- Works and communicates with Account Management on any upcoming brand integration changes.
- The Integrations Manager operates as the primary point of contact for all new onboarding related requests.
- Facilitate conversation with training around things users need training on
This candidate will also have a technical background for best practices and tools and will be able to educate team members on these. The technical background is high level, but enough knowledge so they can be effective in knowing which IT team members to incorporate in meetings and other client integration related communication. Ability to interact both technically with staff and functionally with leaders through verbal and written communications sufficient to present clear and concise information. Project Scoping must be precise to allow the team to better-set timelines and resources. Travel as required by client (10%).
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or greater
- 2+ years of experience as a production/project manager (main role)
- Experience with standard PM tools (i.e. Trello, Jira, Workfront, Basecamp)
- Ability to Confidently facilitate a client partner or internal management
- Carry out conversations with various departments
- Verbal and written communications skills
- Organization & planning skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Awareness and advocate for company culture
- Positive attitude
- Resource to team members
- Ability to deal with people at all levels in the organization
- Agile/adaptable to change
- Ability to handle stress/emotional intelligence
- Thrive under pressure
- Ability to manage stakeholder needs
- Possesses a clear vision
- Good working memory
- Ability to influence; persuasive
- Good interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of brand/infrastructure project flow
- Understanding of basic design and development terminology
- Presentation skills
- Ability to train others
- Thorough understanding of and experience utilizing various project management methodologies
Clearlink’s team of 1,700+ employees is headquartered in Salt Lake City and has been creating marketing content services for Fortune 500 companies for over 13 years. Clearlink has been recognized as a great place to work with awards such as Utah Business Magazine’s Fast 50, Inc. Magazine’s 500/5000 List, Salt Lake Tribune Top Workplaces, Utah Chapter of the American Marketing Association – Internal Campaign, and many more. We are proud to offer our employees:
- Up to 100% healthcare for your entire family
- Over two weeks paid time off
- Paid ski days, wellness activities, and team outings
- Fully-stocked break room and gourmet coffee
- Award-winning wellness program with free health coaching
- All-expense paid vacations for top employees