Who We Are
Working at Portent is more than just a job; it’s a chance to build your career alongside some of the most passionate marketers in the industry. You’ll tackle digital marketing challenges with a group of people you can count on, learn from, and trust. And you’ll have a lot of fun while doing it.
Why Work For Us
We are a remote-first workforce. We care deeply about hiring the best talent and supporting the wellbeing of our people by working together in an environment where everyone can make an impact, no matter what your area of expertise is. Our ever-expanding reach means we’re always finding more ways to help people make better decisions that improve their everyday lives, which is why we need you.
This role is open to candidates in the following states: AZ, CA, FL, ID, KY, MN, NC, NY, OH, OR, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI.
Who We’re Looking For – Junior Resource Project Manager
The primary responsibilities of the Jr. Resource Project Manager are to facilitate biweekly sprint planning for 3 to 5 digital channels teams, evaluate the capacity of team members, and own decisions for when work can be delivered to our clients. They will complete their work under the supervision and direction of their manager, the Project Manager Team Lead, or other project managers on the team. They are successful when working on the backlog refinement, running sprint planning meetings, checking in with teams, and making adjustments for sprint busters.
This role will work with individual service teams, the Client Partner Team, and other internal collaborators. This position will not have client-facing responsibilities.
The Impact You’ll Make
- Ability to efficiently and effectively run sprint planning meetings and various other Scrum events.
- Review and qualification (determining if something is actionable) of backlog items in collaboration with other team members.
- Have subject matter expertise on the modified Scrum process at Portent.
- Manage discussion and negotiation around project prioritization and trade-offs when necessary.
- Use risk mitigation by proactively communicating and identifying areas of opportunity.
- Basic understanding of integrated Marketing Services workflows, dependencies, and timelines.
- Support the services teams and client partners to manage the workload of strategists and team leads across the company.
- Facilitate collaboration between teams when needed.
What You’ll Need:
- 1-2 years of Project Management experience
- Beginning knowledge of Project Management terms and principles
- Beginning knowledge of Project Management Tools (Teamwork or similar PM tools)
- Beginning knowledge of Google Sheets and LucidChart (or similar flowcharting tool)
Superior communicator. Clearly articulates verbal and written messages with appropriate voice, tone, and content. Actively listens and engages in meetings, and displays strong asynchronous communication practices outside of meetings through email/Slack. Proven ability to interface effectively with clients and third-party partners.
Reliable teammate. Takes ownership. Work product is consistently thorough, complete, accurate, and delivered on time. Understands and follows through on the expectations of our schedule, deadline, and project management processes.
Professionally Mature. Highly motivated, autonomous, resilient, and proactively works to better themselves. Shows up with an optimistic attitude,ready to work in a productive manner. Realistic in what is achievable and demonstrates the ability to be trusted. Displays genuine curiosity for their craft, our business, and partners with those around them to bring groups together.
Key Contributor. Drives positive outcomes for our clients and our business. Understands our agency’s standard processes and services and contributes to our business development engine. Shows deep knowledge of our craft and contributes to the digital marketing industry in a meaningful way.
Impact Leader. Shares the vision of their work, team, and the agency at large. Praises fellow team members. Advocates for their needs and the needs of their team. Understands the big picture and makes the right decisions with a strong eye for business.
Perks Just For You
- Medical/Vision/Dental – With increased tenure, employees are eligible for levels of discounted healthcare premiums for themselves and anyone on their plan. (Yes, this includes domestic partners too!)
- 401k Matching – After one year of employment, employees are eligible for a 401k company match.
- Flexible time off – Time off starts at 20 days annually accrued on a weekly basis, and increases with tenure.
- Paid Parental Leave – Employees can benefit from 2 weeks paid parental leave during their first year, and up to 6 weeks following one year of employment.
- Tuition & Conference Funding– We have a dedicated budget for tuition reimbursement and work-related conferences.
- Learning and Development – We offer a choice-based learning program focused on development (skills, career path, leadership), our business, and your well-being (boundaries, communication, work-life balance).
- Home office assistance – Corporate new hires get up to a $200 desk reimbursement.
- Pick your perks allowance – We partner with Fringe to offer employees the greater benefit of exploring their hobbies and interests with a monthly accrual of points to spend on things they love! (AirBnB, InstaCart, Cruises, etc.)
More About Us
As an equal opportunity employer, we believe everyone is a part; no one is apart.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.