Who We’re Looking For – Junior Digital PR Specialist
As a Junior Digital PR Specialist, you’ll sit right at the intersection of PR and SEO. You’ll work with a multi-disciplinary team of hardworking marketers to tell your brand’s story through landing targeted media placements, working on the creation and promotion of newsworthy, industry-leading content, and you’ll learn how to best report your successes to your clients. You’ll be working with influencers big and small to place integrated ads on a variety of social platforms. You’ll be responsible for building and maintaining relationships with relevant publishers, journalists, bloggers, influencers, talent managers, and industry professionals. You’ll work with some of the world’s largest websites to promote and extend the digital reach of your brand.
Our ideal candidate is a natural problem-solver with a deep understanding of online communities. You know that no matter what the subject, there is a group of people on the internet who are passionate about it, and you know how to find them. You’re as persistent as you are persuasive and can always find a way to a “yes.” We believe that skills can be taught, while hustle, integrity, and initiative can’t.
What You’ll Do
- Perform outreach via email to website owners, bloggers, journalists, major media outlets, and influencers
- Build outreach email lists for content promotion campaigns
- Create content with outreach and PR potential
- Pitch and place content with top-tier publications via networking and relationship-building
- Research and test new PR and link building tactics
- Supervise and report progress to managers and clients
- Work in a cross-channel team with other hardworking marketers, serving some great clients in various industries
- Improve site rankings and increase brand awareness through outreach and digital PR practices that support SEO
- Prospect for new and relevant influencer relationships
- Contact and initiate relationships with key influencers and their managers
- Negotiate and create contracts
- Manage ad creation and approvals, provide assets, forward invoices
What You Need
- You’re sharp, clever, and creative, with a healthy appreciation for adventure. You have a sense of humor, drive, humility, and a friendly, yet competitive, nature (you love to take your team to the finish line and break your last record doing it).
- 1+ years’ experience in sales/marketing/public relations/influencer marketing/journalism
- Top-notch Internet research skills & ability to navigate social networks
- Moderate Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel
- Strong GSuite (Gmail, Google docs, Google sheets, Google slides) skills
- Strong written and persuasive communication skills – mastery of the English language is key
- Impeccable attention to detail and organization
- Knack for networking and connecting with people digitally
- When applying, please send an email to [email protected], a Portent employee, with your resume attached and the reason why Portent should hire you in the body of the email. The subject line should have the words “Velociraptor” in it. Bear in mind that she gets anywhere from 50-100 emails per day and works 60 hour weeks. Please be sure to also submit an application.
Portent, Clearlink’s agency team, is comprised of 40+ hardworking digital marketers, originally founded in Seattle, now with team members across the country. Portent has been supporting Fortune 500 companies to achieve their digital marketing goals for over 25 years, working in conjunction with many of the world’s biggest brands. We’ve built a killer team comprised of experts in SEO, PPC, Paid Social, Digital PR, CRO, Analytics, and Development to consistently deliver results for our dynamic book of agency clients.
Working at Portent means becoming part of a team dedicated to acquiring the knowledge and expertise that will keep us on the front lines of innovation in our craft. Not only are we passionate about gaining that knowledge, but we are also dedicated to sharing it with fellow team members, clients, and the digital marketing community. This cultural focus on teaching and inclusivity inherently drives connections between our people. Pair this culture with our organizational focus for career development paths and we hope that it’s easy to see yourself working here.
We believe that energized, well-balanced people with interests outside of work make the best employees, which is why we offer the following benefits:
- Award-winning healthcare and wellness programs
- Generous paid time off- 20 days off in your first year, in addition to paid holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Matching 401K
- Weekly pay
- Detailed skill development and training programs
- Monthly employee recognition awards
- All-expense paid vacations for top employees
*COVID-19/Remote Work Update
We learned from the new reality of Coronavirus (COVID-19) that remote hiring, onboarding, and ongoing employment is not only possible but adds value for our people and to our business. The accomplishments of our team while working in a remote capacity catalyzed us to embrace remote work as a long-term strategy, and we are now hiring in AZ, CA, CO, FL, IL, MN, NY, NC, OR, UT, and WA. While our day-to-day approach has changed, our dedication to hiring the best talent in the industry and helping people to thrive both personally and professionally is stronger than ever.