Junior Outreach Specialist
Aug 19 2018
Job Posting Title:
Junior Outreach Specialist
As an Outreach Specialist, you’ll sit right at the intersection of PR and SEO. You’ll work with a multi-disciplinary team of talented marketers to tell your brand’s story through the creation and promotion of newsworthy, industry-leading content. You’ll be responsible for building and maintaining relationships with relevant publishers, journalists, bloggers, and industry experts. You’ll work with some of the world’s largest websites to promote and digitally extend the reach of your brand.
Brand management, writing, journalistic, news production, or digital marketing backgrounds are preferred, but not required for this position. We believe that skills can be taught, while hustle, integrity, and initiative can’t.
Our ideal candidate is a natural problem-solver with a deep understanding of online communities. You know that no matter what the subject, there is a group of people on the internet who are passionate about it, and you know how to find them.
You have that rare combination of technical ability and exceptional communication and would be just as comfortable giving an interview to a journalist as you would be manipulating data in Excel.
You’re as persistent as you are persuasive and can always find a way to “yes”. You could sell a ketchup popsicle to a woman wearing white gloves, via email. You have an innate sense of intellectual curiosity that drives your need to be constantly learning and taking on new challenges. You’re intrinsically motivated and do what it takes reach your goals.
You work well in a fast-paced team environment and enjoy creating rewarding relationships with the people that you work with.
If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you.
- Perform outreach to website owners, bloggers, journalists, major media outlets, and influencers
- Build outreach email lists for content promotion campaigns
- Create content with outreach and PR potential
- Pitch and place content with top-tier publications via networking and relationship building
- Research and test new PR and link building tactics
- Track and report progress to managers and clients
- Improve site rankings and increase brand awareness through outreach and digital PR practices
- Who would be good at this job? Journalists, freelance writers, editors, English majors, marketing majors, business majors, rhetoric and/or communications majors
- 1+ years’ experience in sales/marketing/SEO or related field
- Top-level Internet research skills & ability to navigate social networks
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Strong written and persuasive communication skills – mastery of the English language is key
- Excellent negotiation and persuasion skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Knack for networking and connecting with people digitally
When applying, please send an email to [email protected], a Clearlink employee, with your resume attached and the reason why Clearlink should hire you in the body of the email. The subject line should have the word velociraptor in it. Bear in mind that she gets anywhere from 50-100 emails per day and works 60 hour weeks.
Portent, Clearlink’s agency team, is comprised of 60 marketers with offices in Seattle and Salt Lake City. Portent has been supporting Fortune 500 companies with their digital marketing for over 20 years. At Portent, you will have opportunities to work with people who are as passionate as they are talented, develop yourself and your skills, and work on challenging and rewarding projects for some of the world’s biggest brands. We also like to reward our employees:
- Flexible work from home schedules
- Up to 100% healthcare for your entire family
- Over two weeks paid time off
- Paid ski days, wellness activities, and team outings
- Fully-stocked break room and gourmet coffee
- Award-winning wellness program with free health coaching
- All-expense paid vacations for top employees
Salt Lake City