Out of an abundance of caution for the current situation with the Coronavirus (COVID-19), we are offering a completely virtual hiring process; this means all your interview steps will be completed via phone or video meeting. We also offer work from home, with the understanding that in the future this role may transition to an in-office, onsite position in our Salt Lake City office. While our day-to-day approach has changed a bit during this time, our dedication to hiring the best talent in the industry and helping them to thrive both personally and professionally is stronger than ever.
Who We’re Looking For – Junior Resource Project Manager
The Junior Resource Project Manager completes their work under the supervision and direction of their manager or other project managers on the team. They are successful if they are working on the backlog refinement, running sprint planning meetings, checking in with teams, and making adjustments for sprint busters.
Junior Resource Project Managers work with individual service teams as well as the Client Partner Team and other internal partners and are supervised in how they manage their projects and time by the Agency Development Director. Junior Resource Project Managers do not have client-facing responsibilities.
What You’ll Do
- Ability to efficiently and effectively run sprint planning meetings
- Review and qualification of backlog items in collaboration with other team members.
- Manage discussion and facilitate adjustments around project prioritization and trade-offs when necessary.
- Use risk mitigation by proactively communicating and identifying areas of opportunity.
- Understand integrated Marketing Services workflows, dependencies, and timelines.
- Support the services teams and client partners to manage the workload of strategists and team leads across the company.
What You Need
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Ability to establish cross-functional, collaborative relationships with team members
- Strong dedication to timely handling of responsibilities
- Highly organized with an eye for detail
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and meet timelines
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently
- A flexible demeanor with the ability to adjust to changing priorities
Process & Tools
A Junior Resource Project Manager should be learning how to use our tools in order to understand the project management framework at Portent and to provide our services teams and client partners with structure and understanding of their upcoming work.
- Basic knowledge of Project Management terms and principles
- Basic knowledge of Project Management Tools (Teamwork or similar PM tools)
- Basic knowledge of Google Sheets and LucidChart (or similar flowcharting tool)
Succeeding in the role of a Junior Resource Project Manager isn’t just about technical knowledge. It’s equally important for a Junior Resource Project Manager to be able to effectively navigate working with both coworkers and clients.
- Professional communicator. Shares updates and ideas proactively. Communicates with clarity and confidence. Good at being flexible when plans/strategy changes. Proper listening skills and understanding, and responsiveness to emails/slack messages in a timely manner.
- Passionate. Highly motivated, focused, driven, and proactively pushing to better themselves, processes, and their peers. Takes the initiative. Consistently produces their best work.
- Present. Pays attention during meetings and when other team members are speaking to them, doesn’t try to multitask when it negatively affects their ability to listen.
- Accountable. Takes ownership. Self-reliant, excellent problem-solver, results-oriented. Quick to take responsibility, proactive, doesn’t wait. Ensures appropriate written tracking for meetings, decisions, timelines, etc. Not afraid to challenge processes. Brings solutions instead of problems.
- Adaptable. Can pivot easily and help the cross-functional team and clients come up with solutions to move forward when faced with obstacles. Adapts based on feedback.
- Punctual. Excellent time management skills. Ability to execute on assigned initiatives promptly. Arrives on time to meetings.
- Collaborative. Ability to collaborate with multiple departments and practitioners independently to problem solve. Effectively collaborates with client partners and other team members.
- Goal-oriented. Ability to stay focused on the goal at hand, mapping recommendations back to clients’ critical metrics and goals. Able to work with strategists and other senior team members to ensure clients implement our recommendations.
It’s important to understand Portent’s products, culture, processes, and operations.
- Familiarity with internal teams throughout the organization
- Understanding of Portent’s goals and philosophy (Marketing Stack, S.H.I.F.T.S, etc.)
Position Requirements & Competencies
- 1-2 years of Project Management experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Marketing, Communications, Advertising, or related field.
More About Portent
Portent, Clearlink’s agency team, is comprised of 40+ hardworking digital marketers, originally founded in Seattle, now with team members across the country. Portent has been supporting Fortune 500 companies to achieve their digital marketing goals for over 25 years, working in conjunction with many of the world’s biggest brands. We’ve built a killer team comprised of specialists in SEO, PPC, Paid Social, Digital PR, CRO, Analytics, and Development to consistently deliver results for our dynamic book of agency clients.
Working at Portent means becoming part of a team dedicated to acquiring the knowledge and expertise that will keep us on the front lines of innovation in our craft. Not only are we passionate about gaining that knowledge, but we are also dedicated to sharing it with fellow team members, clients, and the digital marketing community. This cultural focus on teaching and inclusivity inherently drives connections between our people. Pair this culture with our organizational focus for career development paths, and we hope that it’s easy to see yourself working here.
- We believe that energized, well-balanced people with interests outside of work make the best employees, which is why we offer the following benefits:
- Award-winning healthcare and wellness programs
- Generous paid time off- 20 days off in your first year, in addition to paid holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Matching 401K
- Weekly pay
- Detailed skill development and training programs
- Monthly employee recognition awards
- All-expense paid vacations for top employees
*Everyone is a part; no one is apart. Ours is a community for everyone. We embrace diversity in experience, identity, and perspective, not only to help each of us learn and grow, but also to expand the capabilities of our business.