Apr 24 2018
Job Posting Title:
If you’re passionate about your craft, you love to learn, and you have full stack experience in a wide range of existing technologies, this may be the job for you!
At Clearlink, we’re hiring for a Lead Developer to join our talented team. We’re looking for someone who wants to push themselves in a team lead position. If you thrive on challenge and opportunity, you belong here.
Clearlink’s team of 1,700+ employees is headquartered in Salt Lake City and has been creating marketing content services for Fortune 500 companies for over 14 years. Clearlink is recognized as a great place to work with awards such as Utah Business Magazine’s Fast 50, Inc. Magazine’s 500/5000 List, Salt Lake Tribune Top Workplaces, Utah Chapter of the American Marketing Association – Internal Campaign, and many more.
Clearlink is an environment with many advancement opportunities, where you can continuously learn, grow your career, and make an impact on your team.
As a team lead, you’ll be trailblazing full stack development on high profile projects and lead the technical execution of our web strategy, spanning products, analytics, testing, and automation.
The ideal candidate for this position will have full stack experience in a wide range of existing technologies, while continuously learning and testing emerging ones.
This role is right for you if…
- You aren’t afraid to make well-reasoned suggestions for improvements, in and out of code.
- You strive to understand not just the problem at hand, but all the variables and inputs that make up the full ecosystem. You comprehend the bigger, holistic picture.
- You’re comfortable working with a reasonable level of ambiguity and engineering tailored solutions for unique situations.
- You like the idea of spending a good portion of the day smiling as you mentor junior team members and experience one of the most diverse and entertaining team cultures in Utah.
- If you feel you fit this description, and you meet the requirements listed below, we want to hear from you.
- Distill product requirements into technical solutions, architecture, timeline, and schedule
- Work heavily with teams to communicate, influence and determine our technology roadmap
- Build out our modern web architecture
- Develop, support, and improve internal frameworks, systems, and tools
- Own web development projects from the backend to the presentation layer
- Implement data collection and storage architectures to support our voracious appetite for data and data-driven insights
- Work through technical challenges
- 5+ years of experience as a commercial web developer
- Solid understanding of the full web technology stack: HTTP, cookies/sessions, asset loading, caching, REST, etc.
- Experience working with CMS distributions like WordPress and Drupal
- Experience in data architecture and query languages like MySQL, MongoDB, GraphQL
- Command of version control software Git
- Proficiency using package and dependency management
- Expertise working with and integrating API solutions
- Familiarity with architectural patterns of large, high-scale web or mobile applications
- Practical knowledge of Linux command line and scripting
- Ability to tune and optimize web performance across the full-stack
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with others
- Ability to mentor and assist less experienced developers
- Ability to self-manage and keep track of multiple projects
- Familiar with most of the following: PHP, Docker, Varnish, Nginx, Git, Bash
Salt Lake City