Paid Search Strategist
Jun 22 2018
Job Posting Title:
Paid Search Strategist
Do you love marketing and sci-fi, beer, sports, or gaming (or any of the above)? Are you tired of stale and predictable work environments? Do you love pizza and sandwiches? Are you a confident self-starter who’s not afraid to roll up your sleeves and dig around for opportunities? Do you have experience in handling a diverse set of tasks and deliverables?
If your answer is a resounding “yes” to all of these questions keep reading to learn more about the PPC Strategist position at Portent (a Clearlink Company).
We pride ourselves on providing transparent guidance and regularly exceeding client expectations. We’re not afraid to make mistakes because we have a history of success and a company full of brilliant minds and creative and thinkers. Our desire to learn new methods and stay on top of industry trends is ever present, and our customized marketing approach for each client ensures we understand their business thoroughly and cater to their individual needs.
Reports to: PPC Team Lead
- Support the PPC Team Lead and other PPC team practitioners to help execute for clients on Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and other major paid advertising platforms.
- Monitor and optimize client accounts, seeking out growth opportunities, assessing performance, and partnering with other Strategists and Senior Strategists to drive strategy aiming to meet the client’s marketing goals.
- Partner with Strategists and Senior Strategists to offer account recommendations for opportunities, including: goals, campaign strategies, tactics, budgets, and timelines.
- Track, measure, and report on all campaign work each month, partnering with Portent’s Analytics team when needed.
- Manage client communication and interaction for the team in a timely and consistent fashion.
- Contribute to the Portent blog and marketing initiatives.
- Stay current with industry trends and best practices.
Position Requirements & Competencies
- 2-4 years of PPC marketing experience
- Bachelor’s degree in or equivalent experience in Marketing, Communications, Advertising, or related field.
- Intermediate working knowledge of major PPC platforms as well as analytics suites.
- Intermediate working knowledge of PPC tools, including (but not limited to) AdWords Editor, Bing Ads Editor, SEMRush.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as the ability to effectively interface with senior management and staff.
- Ability to execute on assigned initiatives promptly.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Self-reliant, excellent problem solver, results oriented.
- Ability to collaborate with multiple departments independently to problem solve.
Portent, Clearlink’s agency team, is comprised of 60 marketers with offices in Seattle and Salt Lake City. Portent has been supporting Fortune 500 companies with their digital marketing for over 20 years. At Portent, you will have opportunities to work with people who are as passionate as they are talented, develop yourself and your skills, and work on challenging and rewarding projects for some of the world’s biggest brands. We also like to reward our employees:
- Flexible work from home schedules
- Up to 100% healthcare for your entire family
- Over two weeks paid time off
- Paid ski days, wellness activities, and team outings
- Fully-stocked break room and gourmet coffee
- Award-winning wellness program with free health coaching
- All-expense paid vacations for top employees