Job Posting Title:
PPC Team Lead
The PPC Team Lead role is responsible for owning growth across both the PPC practice and its book of clients at Portent. The ideal candidate is a senior practitioner who can drive client relationships forward through exceptional service management, oversee the development of a diverse team of experts, and help move the practice forward by staying on the cutting edge of the industry.
This role works closely with individual members of their team to clarify expectations and manage workload, while also helping team members set paths for career-track growth. They partner with the Director of Search and Social and Business Development Director to drive the agency forward by developing, marketing, and selling their discipline-specific services.
- Lead the PPC Team to execute for clients on major agency clients.
- Ensure the PPC Team is delivering superior results, reporting, and communications for all clients.
- Organize and delegate client work to individual contributors on the PPC team.
- Develop individual contributors to guide career and agency growth.
- Hold individual contributors on their team accountable for day-to-day work quality and efficiency.
- Hire and evaluate PPC team members.
- Support the PPC team to execute deliverables for clients.
- Monitor client sites, seek out growth opportunities, and provide expert strategic insight around all PPC marketing goals.
- Build and maintain client relationships by serving as a day-to-day contact while proactively engaging on client issues.
- Assist with new business and client-renewal growth efforts.
- Share knowledge and experience across the PPC team and agency through presentations, individual training, and leading team training.
- Contribute to the Portent blog and marketing initiatives.
- Stay current with industry trends and best practices.
Position Requirements & Competencies
- 6+ years of PPC marketing experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Marketing, Communications, Advertising, or related field.
- Expert working knowledge of search engines, how they work, and the factors involved in ad placement.
- Expert working knowledge of search advertising through Google Ads and Bing Ads.
- Expert working knowledge of shopping advertising.
- Expert working knowledge of display/programmatic advertising.
- Expert working knowledge of Google Analytics.
- Expert working knowledge of standard PPC tools, including bid management tool experience.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, as well as the ability to effectively interface with senior management and staff.
- Demonstrated ability to establish strong client relationships and client service management.
- Demonstrated ability to establish strong relationships with individual contributors, peers, and leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to build industry presentations and speak to those topics publicly.
- Ability to execute on assigned initiatives promptly.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Self-reliant, excellent problem solver, results oriented.
- Ability to collaborate with multiple departments independently to problem solve.
Portent, Clearlink’s agency team, is comprised of 60 marketers with offices in Seattle and Salt Lake City. Portent has been supporting Fortune 500 companies with their digital marketing for over 20 years. At Portent, you will have opportunities to work with people who are as passionate as they are talented, develop yourself and your skills, and work on challenging and rewarding projects for some of the world’s biggest brands. We also like to reward our employees:
- Flexible work from home schedules
- Up to 100% healthcare for your entire family
- Over two weeks paid time off
- Paid ski days, wellness activities, and team outings
- Fully-stocked break room and gourmet coffee
- Award-winning wellness program with free health coaching
- All-expense paid vacations for top employees