The Senior Client Partner owns the overall marketing strategy for a client. They require no supervision, work directly with client teams and clients to complete their work, and regularly train team members on their expertise. They are successful if they are driving channel-specific strategy on client projects while helping their team produce other well-rounded strategists.
Senior Client Partners will have extensive client-facing responsibilities.
Senior Client Partners will specialize in individual accounts with limited oversight, as instructed by the Team Lead.
This position reports to the Client Partner Team Lead.
- Support the Client Partner Team Lead to help execute strategy for clients across multiple marketing channels and platforms.
- Supervise client marketing channels, seek out growth opportunities, optimize efforts, and provide broad strategic insight around client marketing goals.
- Partner with the Team Lead to develop strategic recommendations for communicating about marketing opportunities, including goals, campaign strategies, tactics, budgets, and timelines.
- Track, measure, and report on all campaign work each month, partnering with Portent’s Analytics team when needed.
- Build and manage multiple client relationships by serving as the day-to-day contact and proactively engaging on client issues.
- Assist with new business and client-renewal growth efforts.
- Share knowledge and experience across the Client Partner team and agency through presentations, individual trainings, and leading team trainings.
- Contribute to the Portent blog and marketing initiatives.
- Stay current with industry trends and standard methodologies.
Position Requirements & Proficiencies
- 4-6 years of marketing account management experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Marketing, Communications, Advertising, or related field.
- Intermediate working knowledge of major digital marketing strategies and platforms, including analytics, organic, and paid channels.
- Intermediate working knowledge of digital marketing tools.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, as well as the ability to effectively collaborate with senior management and staff.
- Demonstrated ability to establish strong client relationships and client service management.
- Ability to execute on assigned initiatives promptly.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Self-reliant, excellent problem-solver, results-oriented.
- Ability to collaborate with multiple departments independently to problem solve.
More About Portent
Portent, Clearlink’s agency team, is comprised of 60+ hardworking digital marketers, with offices in both Seattle and Salt Lake City. Portent has been supporting Fortune 500 companies to achieve their digital marketing goals for over 20 years, working in conjunction with many of the world’s biggest brands. We’ve made a name for ourselves as industry leaders in digital marketing staples such as SEO, paid search, content creation, web design, and social, thanks largely to our insatiable need to constantly learn about our ever-involving industry.
Working at Portent means becoming part of a team dedicated to acquiring the knowledge and expertise that will keep us on the front lines of innovation in our craft. Not only are we passionate about gaining that knowledge, we are dedicated to sharing it with coworkers, clients, and anybody who will listen. This cultural focus on teaching and inclusivity inherently drives connections between our people. Pair this culture with our organizational focus on helping develop detailed and outstanding career development paths for every single employee, and we hope that it’s easy to see yourself working here.
We believe that energized, well-balanced people with interests outside of work make the best employees, which is why we offer the following benefits:
- Flexible work from home schedules
- Up to 100% paid healthcare for your entire family
- Over one month of paid time off to start
- 12 weeks paid maternity/paternity leave
- Matching 401K
- Get paid every Friday
- Monthly wellness activities
- Quarterly company outings
- One Friday a month dedicated to skill development and training
- Fully-stocked lunch room and gourmet coffee
- Award-winning wellness program with free health coaching
- Monthly employee recognition awards
- All-expense paid vacations for top employees
Everyone is a part; no one is apart. Ours is a community for everyone. We embrace diversity in experience, identity, and perspective, not only to help each of us learn and grow, but also to expand the capabilities of our business.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.