Job Posting Title:
Who We're Looking For:
SEO Strategist – Seattle, WA
Are you looking to take the next step in your career as an SEO expert? This is your chance to join a premier digital marketing agency and work with exciting clients from a variety of industries.
As an SEO Strategist at Portent, you will have intermediate expertise in SEO, a strategic mindset, knowledge around technical SEO, and excellent communication skills. You’ll complete work directly with clients and work alongside other internal teams (Content, Analytics, Outreach, etc.) to deliver SEO recommendations that reflect industry trends that align with client goals.
Portent sets the bar high for SEOs; this role is fast-paced and is a unique opportunity for someone who is passionate about driving growth and pushing the boundaries with innovative SEO.
Breaking Down Your Day to Day:
- Partner with the SEO Team Lead and Senior SEO to develop strategic recommendations for organic opportunities, including technical SEO, onsite SEO, offsite SEO, goals, campaign strategies, and tactics.
- Monitor client sites, seek out organic growth opportunities, and provide broad strategic insight around specific SEO marketing goals.
- Track, measure, and report on all campaign work each month, partnering with Portent’s Analytics team when needed.
- Manage client communication and interaction with the team in a timely and consistent fashion.
- Contribute to the Portent blog and marketing initiatives.
- Stay current with industry trends and best practices.
What You Need:
- 2-4 years of SEO marketing experience
- Marketing agency experience preferred
- Intermediate knowledge of search engines, how they work, and the factors involved in rankings
- Intermediate knowledge of technical SEO, onsite SEO, and offsite SEO
- Intermediate knowledge of SEO tools including Google Analytics
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as the ability to effectively collaborate with senior management and staff
- Ability to execute on assigned initiatives promptly
- Excellent time management skills
- Self-reliant, excellent problem-solver, results-oriented
- Ability to collaborate with multiple departments independently to problem solve
Portent, Clearlink’s agency team, is comprised of 50 digital marketers with offices in Seattle and Salt Lake City. We’ve been supporting Fortune 500 companies with their digital marketing for over 20 years and relish continuing to learn about our ever-evolving industry.
At Portent, you will have opportunities to work with people who are as passionate as they are talented, develop yourself and your skills, and work on challenging and rewarding projects. We thrive on our inclusive and empowering work culture, where everyone has the support to do their best work and grow in their careers.
We believe that energized, well-balanced people with interests outside of work make the best employees, which is why we offer the following benefits:
- Flexible work from home schedules
- Up to 100% healthcare for your entire family
- Over one month of paid time off to start
- 12 weeks paid maternity/paternity leave
- Matching 401K
- Get paid every Friday!
- Monthly wellness activities
- Quarterly company outings
- One Friday a month dedicated to skill development and training
- Fully-stocked lunch room and gourmet coffee
- Award-winning wellness program with free health coaching
- Monthly employee recognition awards
- All-expense paid vacations for top employees