Jun 18 2018
Job Posting Title:
The SEO Strategist completes client work under the supervision of an SEO Team Lead or another individual practitioner within the agency. A Strategist is expected to operate independently of a Team Lead or individual contributor but is guided by them. They work directly with Client Partners and clients to complete their work. They require minimal supervision to complete projects.
Strategists are equipped and ready to make ‘Leaf’ decisions on a daily basis. They are successful if they deliver high-quality work without needing a significant review from a Team Lead or Client Partner.
Strategists will have client facing responsibilities. Communication will be overseen and approved by the Team Lead or Senior Strategists.
Strategists will specialize in individual accounts as instructed by the Team Lead, and be overseen in that specialization by the Team Lead or Senior Strategists.
Reports to: SEO Team Lead
- Support the SEO Team Lead to help execute deliverables for clients.
- Monitor client sites, seek out organic growth opportunities, and provide broad strategic insight around some SEO marketing goals.
- Partner with Senior Strategists and Team Lead to develop strategic recommendations for organic opportunities, including technical SEO, onsite SEO, offsite SEO, goals, campaign strategies, and tactics.
- Track, measure, and report on all campaign work each month, partnering with Portent’s Analytics team when needed.
- Manage client communication and interaction with the team in a timely and consistent fashion.
- Contribute to the Portent blog and marketing initiatives.
- Stay current with industry trends and best practices.
Position Requirements & Competencies:
- 2-4 years of SEO marketing experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Marketing, Communications, Advertising, or related field.
- Intermediate working knowledge of search engines, how they work, and the factors involved in rankings.
- Intermediate working knowledge of technical SEO, onsite SEO, and offsite SEO.
- Intermediate knowledge of SEO tools including Google Analytics.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as the ability to effectively interface with senior management and staff.
- Ability to execute on assigned initiatives promptly.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Self-reliant, excellent problem solver, results oriented.
- Ability to collaborate with multiple departments independently to problem solve.
Portent, Clearlink’s agency team, is comprised of 60 marketers with offices in Seattle and Salt Lake City. Portent has been supporting Fortune 500 companies with their digital marketing for over 20 years. At Portent, you will have opportunities to work with people who are as passionate as they are talented, develop yourself and your skills, and work on challenging and rewarding projects for some of the world’s biggest brands. We also like to reward our employees:
- Flexible work from home schedules
- Up to 100% healthcare for your entire family
- Over two weeks paid time off
- Paid ski days, wellness activities, and team outings
- Fully-stocked break room and gourmet coffee
- Award-winning wellness program with free health coaching
- All-expense paid vacations for top employees
Salt Lake City