Software Quality Assurance Manager
Apr 24 2018
Job Posting Title:
Software Quality Assurance Manager
The Quality Assurance Manager will provide general supervision and technical guidance to the QA Staff in testing all Clearlink applications. The Quality Assurance Manager maintains ultimate responsibility for assuring that all products are defect free and compliant with technical specifications. As Software Quality Assurance Manager, you will identify and perform all type of end to end system tests required to confirm the quality of the end product. You will also develop test scripts based upon business requirements and processes, in line with defined workflows and use cases; process transactions from system entry to exit; test functionality delivered across applications and workflows, and test applications to demonstrate that relevant existing system functionality is as expected. The Quality Assurance Manager implements and set standard testing methodologies as well as implementing software tools to support testing automation.
Specific Duties and Tasks:
- Provides management and oversight to the staff and activities of the software QA team.
- Is responsible for the project management, supervision, and coordination of software testing for all assigned releases.
- Works with IT leadership to establish and/or improve effectiveness and efficiency of industry-best practices and QA standards, processes, and procedures, to ensure software quality and successful process-audits (including PCI and SOX).
- Ensures QA team adheres strictly to the QA related portions of the Clearlink SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) process, including requirements review and evaluation, detailed test plan and test case development and execution, and product readiness.
- Works closely with software development staff, release engineers, business analysts, database developers and product owners to diagnose technical and quality issues, identify potential software limitations, resolve defects and verify corrective actions.
- Works with other company departments to triage field-reported issues to be addressed by the development team. Suggests improvements to methods, procedures, and efficiencies that lead to better products and/or solutions.
- Is responsible for ensuring an appropriate level of test automation is planned and executed. Develops testing methodologies, test automation, and selects toolset for test automation.
- Mentors and provides guidance to QA staff; ensures staff has appropriate training, skill levels, and expertise.
A thorough and deep knowledge of software QA design and methodologies. Must have the ability to apply knowledge and experience in solving problems that are complex in scope and require in-depth evaluation.
- Bachelors/Masters preferred
- 4+ years
- High-level knowledge of test automation technology and its applications.
- Experience writing code in a scripting or programming language.
- Knowledge of Behavior Driven Development (BDD) and/or Test Driven Development (TDD).
- Knowledge of SOA technologies.
- Communication – Ability to communicate effectively within and across different teams
- Presentation – Ability to create and conduct presentations and meeting and articulate the topic in business-friendly language
- Leadership – Ability to identify problems and suggest new methods or process for streamlining QA process.
- Ability to prioritize, delegate, track and coordinate multiple tasks
- Ability to meet deadlines and deliver against aggressive schedule pressures creative problem solver
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and prioritization ability
Clearlink’s team of 1,700+ employees is headquartered in Salt Lake City and has been creating marketing content services for Fortune 500 companies for over 13 years. At Clearlink you will have opportunities to work with people who are as passionate as they are talented, develop yourself and your skills, and create valuable content and relationships every day. We also like to reward our employees:
- Up to 100% healthcare for your entire family
- Over two weeks paid time off
- Paid ski days, wellness activities, and team outings
- Fully-stocked break room and gourmet coffee
- Award-winning wellness program with free health coaching
- All-expense paid vacations for top employees