Sr. SEO Strategist
Dec 6 2018
Job Posting Title:
Sr. SEO Strategist
The Senior SEO Strategist owns discipline-specific strategy for a client. They require no supervision, work directly with clients and Client Partners to complete their work, and often times train team members on their expertise. Senior Strategists are equipped to make ‘Branch’ decisions on a regular basis. They are successful if they are driving channel-specific strategy on client projects while helping their team produce other well-rounded strategists.
Senior strategists will have extensive client facing responsibilities.
Senior Strategists will specialize on individual accounts with limited oversight, as instructed by the Team Lead.
Reports to: SEO Team Lead
- Support the SEO Team Lead to help execute deliverables for clients.
- Monitor client sites, seek out organic growth opportunities, and provide detailed strategic insight around all SEO marketing goals.
- Partner with the Team Lead to develop strategic recommendations for organic opportunities, including: technical SEO, onsite SEO, offsite SEO, goals, campaign strategies, and tactics.
- Build and manage multiple client relationships by serving as the day-to-day contact while proactively engaging on client issues.
- Assist with new business and client-renewal growth efforts.
- Track, measure, and report on all campaign work each month.
- Share knowledge and experience across the SEO team and agency through presentations, individual trainings, and leading team trainings.
- Contribute to the Portent blog and marketing initiatives.
- Stay current with industry trends and best practices
Position Requirements & Competencies:
- 4-6 years of SEO marketing experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Marketing, Communications, Advertising, or related field.
- Advanced working knowledge of search engines, how they work, and the factors involved in rankings.
- Advanced working knowledge of technical SEO, onsite SEO, and offsite SEO.
- Advanced working knowledge of SEO tools including Google Analytics.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, as well as the ability to effectively interface with senior management and staff.
- Demonstrated ability to establish strong client relationships and client service management.
- Ability to execute on assigned initiatives promptly.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Self-reliant, excellent problem solver, results oriented.
- Ability to collaborate with multiple departments independently to problem solve.
Portent, Clearlink’s agency team, is comprised of 60 marketers with offices in Seattle and Salt Lake City. Portent has been supporting Fortune 500 companies with their digital marketing for over 20 years. At Portent, you will have opportunities to work with people who are as passionate as they are talented, develop yourself and your skills, and work on challenging and rewarding projects for some of the world’s biggest brands. We also like to reward our employees:
- Flexible work from home schedules
- Up to 100% healthcare for your entire family
- Over two weeks paid time off
- Paid ski days, wellness activities, and team outings
- Fully-stocked break room and gourmet coffee
- Award-winning wellness program with free health coaching
- All-expense paid vacations for top employees