Who We’re Looking For: Technical SEO Team Lead
The Technical SEO Team Lead is responsible for driving growth across their individual team members and team book of client work. They are senior practitioners who can drive client relationships forward through exceptional client service and personnel management.
Team Leads works with individual members of their team to clarify expectations and manage workload, while also helping their team set paths for career-track growth. They partner with the VP of Agency Services, peer Team Leads, and the Business Development Team to drive the agency forward by developing, marketing, and selling their discipline-specific services.
They are successful if their team is growing and individual team members are developing.
What You’ll Do
- Lead the Technical SEO team to advise team members on overall strategy for all major agency clients
- Ensure the SEO Team is delivering superior results, reporting, and communications for all clients
- Partner with the Project Management team to organize and delegate client work to individual contributors on the SEO team
- Partner with individual contributors to guide career and agency growth
- Hold individual contributors on their team accountable for day-to-day work quality and efficiency
- Monitor client sites, seek out growth opportunities, and provide expert strategic insight around all SEO marketing goals
- Develop strategic recommendations organic opportunities, including: technical SEO, onsite SEO, offsite SEO, goals, campaign strategies, and tactics
- Build and manage client relationships by serving as the day-to-day contact while proactively engaging on client issues
- Track, measure, and report on all campaign work each month
- Share knowledge and experience across the SEO team and agency through presentations, individual trainings, and leading team trainings
- Contribute to the Portent blog and marketing initiatives
What You Need
- 5+ years of SEO experience
- Expert working knowledge of search engines, how they work, and the factors involved in rankings
- Expert working knowledge of technical SEO, onsite SEO, and offsite SEO
- Expert working knowledge of SEO tools including Google Analytics
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, as well as the ability to effectively work with senior management and staff
- Demonstrated ability to establish strong client relationships and client service management
- Demonstrated ability to establish strong relationships with individual contributors, fellow Team Leads, and Portent’s Executive team
- Demonstrated ability to build industry presentations and speak to those topics publicly
- Excellent time management skills
- Self-reliant, excellent problem-solver, results-oriented
Portent, Clearlink’s agency team, is comprised of 40+ hardworking digital marketers, originally founded in Seattle, now with team members across the country. Portent has been supporting Fortune 500 companies to achieve their digital marketing goals for over 25 years, working in conjunction with many of the world’s biggest brands. We’ve built an excellent team comprised of specialists in SEO, PPC, Paid Social, Digital PR, CRO, Analytics, and Development to consistently deliver results for our dynamic book of agency clients.
Working at Portent means becoming part of a team dedicated to acquiring the knowledge and expertise that will keep us on the front lines of innovation in our craft. Not only are we passionate about gaining that knowledge, but we are also dedicated to sharing it with fellow team members, clients, and the digital marketing community. This cultural focus on teaching and inclusivity inherently drives connections between our people. Pair this culture with our organizational focus for career development paths and we hope that it’s easy to see yourself working here.
We believe that energized, well-balanced people with interests outside of work make the best employees, which is why we offer the following benefits:
- Award-winning healthcare and wellness programs
- Generous paid time off- 20 days off in your first year, in addition to paid holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Matching 401K
- Weekly pay
- Detailed skill development and training programs
- Monthly employee recognition awards
- All-expense paid vacations for top employees
*Everyone is a part; no one is apart. Ours is a community for everyone. We embrace diversity in experience, identity, and perspective, not only to help each of us learn and grow, but also to expand the capabilities of our business.