Web Content Administrator
Nov 13 2018
Job Posting Title:
Web Content Administrator
Web Content Administrator
We’re the #1 comparison site for wireless and internet services in the USA, Australia and Canada with over 3
million monthly users.
We’re looking for a creative, agile online content producer to join us in our San Diego office in Encinitas.
The Web Admin and Content role is responsible for maintaining the product information on the website, and
supporting site users by optimizing their experience on site.
We want someone who can:
- Take confusing cell phone and broadband internet plan info and turn it into entertaining content that anyone can understand.
- Spitball in a small team and plan projects for an ongoing content calendar.
- Work quickly, be accountable, be accurate, and most importantly, be insightful.
- Analyze our weekly content performance and use this to tweak existing articles whilst brainstorming our next batch of big hits.
- Create a variety of content to suit different platforms, including on our sites, social media and PR outreach campaigns.
Our next team member should:
- Possess impeccable writing skills with a mastery of grammar and structure
- Understand how to write persuasively and concisely
- Be a take-charge self-starter who knows how to hunt down interesting ideas and communicate them effectively
- Be able to perform well with minimal supervision
- Understand that success is earned by writing with your audience in mind.
- Take complex information and reliably find the simplest way to communicate to a large audience.
- Have experience with content management systems and have at least a basic knowledge of HTML.
- Possess a strong interest in technology and at least a working knowledge of cell phone and broadband providers
- Responding in a timely, professional and friendly manner
- Set up and reporting on key metrics
- Analyzing user interactions and reporting on ways to optimize customer experience on the website
- Becoming a product expert that is confident in being able to help resolve users questions
- Complete weekly product audits including maintaining audit documents and update product details on the site
- Liaising with suppliers regarding product changes
- Information Monitoring – Setting up ongoing procedure to collect and review information needed to manage ongoing activities.
- Customer Focus – Making customers and their needs a primary focus of one’s actions; developing and sustaining productive customer relationships.
- Building Trust – Interacting with others in a way that gives them confidence in one’s intentions and those of the organization.
- Continuous Learning – Actively defining new areas for learning; regularly creating and taking advantage of learning opportunities; using newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learning through their application.
- Contributing to Team Success – Actively participating as a member of a team to move the team towards the completion of goals.
- Initiating Action – Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required: being proactive.
- Quality Orientation – Accomplish tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks.
- Adaptability – Managing effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or the work environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
Qualifications and/or Experience (mandatory, critical, preferable):
- Mandatory – strong auditing skills, with a keen eye for detail
- Mandatory – You have great writing skills
- Mandatory – You love to get down and dirty in the data (Excel, Optimization)
- Mandatory – Multitask efficiently
- Critical – Ability to use analysis to drive improvements
- Critical – Type 50+ WPM
- Critical – You are socially capable (can / will speak to clients)
- Critical – proven track record working in cross functional teams
- Preferable – experience with basic HTML, CSS, and working with content management systems (CMS)
- Preferable – prior experience with high traffic sites is essential
- Minimum management structure – oriented towards simple, short decision-making infrastructure
- Bias for action – focused on proactive responses to problems and opportunities
- Fun and friendly environment – size and style that makes it possible for everyone to interact with each other in an upbeat and energetic environment
- Openness to frequent change – willingness to consider change and adapt
- Quality focus – emphasis on the production of high quality platforms and services
- Personal freedom – emphasis on a health balance between work and other activities
WhistleOut is a fun and friendly workplace with a bias for action. We value personal freedom, openness to frequent change and new ideas. WhistleOut is a part of the Clearlink and you will be joining Clearlink’s team of 1,700+ employees, headquartered in Salt Lake City. Clearlink has been creating marketing content services for Fortune 500 companies for over 13 years. Clearlink has been recognized as a great place to work with awards such as Utah Business Magazine’s Fast 50, Inc. Magazine’s 500/5000 List, Salt Lake Tribune Top Workplaces, Utah Chapter of the American Marketing Association – Internal Campaign, and many more. We are proud to offer our employees:
- Up to 100% healthcare for your entire family
- Over two weeks paid time off
- Paid ski days, wellness activities, and team outings
- Fully-stocked break room and gourmet coffee
- Award-winning wellness program with free health coaching
- All-expense paid vacations for top employees