Recover your Ranking
If your traffic from Google recently plunged, it may be because of two major Google updates: Penguin and Panda. Portent has helped dozens of businesses recover their rankings and after a Penguin penalty, and restore site quality for higher rankings post-Panda. No tricks, no secrets. We help you get back into compliance and rebuild your rankings.
You may have been hit by one or both of these penalties, if:
- You received a warning from Google regarding unnatural linking or other practices
- Google notified you regarding a manual penalty
- You saw a sudden, steep drop in traffic on a specific date
- Your site disappeared from Google’s search results
Portent’s Google Recovery Service is effective, efficient, and proven.
Our Re-Inclusion Strategy:
First, we’ll verify that you’re under penalty. Many ranking and traffic drops occur because of onsite issues, rather than penalties. We want to make sure before we begin.
If you’re under a Penguin or manual penalty due to unnatural linking, we will:
- Review your entire link profile, both by hand and using a machine learning filter
- Look for known link networks, schemes, paid links, and other spam sources
- On your behalf, request removal from each these sites
- Keep detailed records of these requests
- If necessary, prepare a ‘disavow’ report, telling Google to ignore links that can’t be removed
- Write and submit any necessary reconsideration requests
- If you work with us, we will continue requests until the penalty is lifted
Panda site revitalization
If your site has lost rankings due to onsite issues around low-quality content, we need to bring it closer to ‘perfect’ as defined by the Google Panda algorithm. This isn’t so much a penalty as a devaluation. So, to help you climb back up in the rankings, we must:
- Crawl your site using RainGage SEO
- Rate all pages for quality
- Check for sitewide issues, such as slow page load times or accidental page exclusions
- Rewrite and revamp critical pages
- Remove or exclude ‘thin,’ low-quality pages
Find out more
We do more than restore site rankings. We study Google’s approach to search quality.
Read our whitepaper: Google’s Declining Spam Tolerance