I just gave this presentation at UtahDMC’s 2019 Digital Marketing Conference. It’s nerdy. It’s full of marketing stuff. It’s hard to explain. Have a look, and see the links further down this page:
The Dungeons & Dragons Guide to Marketing from Ian Lurie
Here are the links:
Me, Me, Me
How to find me:
- Twitter: @ianlurie
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/ianlurie/
- Slideshare: https://www.slideshare.net/wrttnwrd
- How to create a 404 page using Google Custom Search explains how to create a “smart” 404 page
- Similarweb is my tool of choice for clickstream analysis. I love the competitive research opportunities.
- Butterick’s Typography is my go-to resource for great web typography.
- Also check out Better Web Typography For A Better Web. Forgot to mention this in my presentation, which was just dumb. This is a great book and a great course.
- wave.webaim.org gives you a good peek at site accessibility
Dungeons & Dragons Related
You know you want to learn more:
- The home of D&D. Be sure to look at “New to D&D.”
- Critical Role is a podcast where a bunch of nerdy-ass voice actors play D&D. I stole that description from their Dungeon Master Matt Mercer. Give this a listen, but note that you’ll get addicted. The stories are rich, the actors are hilarious one moment and deadly serious the next, and you’ll learn a lot. Oh, also: If you play video games, you’ll recognize the voices.
natural 20 !
So are we getting you and the family to Gen Con this year? The tickets are on me. August 14-17, 2014 in Indy 🙂
Man, I hope so. I may try to surprise my son with a trip.
That was a fun presentation and I went through every slide. 🙂