HTML Basics: Video Tutorials
Ian Lurie Dec 20 2009
I’ve been helping the middle school class at my children’s Montessori learn to write basic HTML. The goal: Get them to the point where they can work comfortably in WordPress.
The result is a slowly growing series of videos on the subject. If you’re a wannabe blogger/geek and don’t know the basic HTML tags (headings, lists, etc.) these videos might help.
Here’s the first video:
The ultra-super basic lesson for building an ultra-super basic web page./
You can also see the entire channel here:
HTML Basics on Vimeo
I am horrifically, utterly behind on this training. If anyone from West Seattle Montessori is reading this and wants to kill me, leave a nasty comment below – less legal troubles.
Ian Lurie is CEO and founder of Portent Inc. He's recorded training for Lynda.com, writes regularly for the Portent Blog and has been published on AllThingsD, Forbes.com and TechCrunch. Ian speaks at conferences around the world, including SearchLove, MozCon, SIC and ad:Tech. Follow him on Twitter at portentint.He also just published a book about strategy for services businesses: One Trick Ponies Get Shot, available on Kindle. Read More
- Parallax Scrolling? HTML5 Animations? Why We’re Falling for New Design Techniques
- Server response survey results: Now, with more pepper spray!
- 10 tips for minimal-mayhem agency site redesign
- New SEO tool: Server response code tester
- Why all web developers should learn SEO
- I’m not crazy: 10 great, content-friendly web designs