9 Things I’m Not Allowed to Say
Ian Lurie Jun 18 2009
- I don’t know.
- I can’t measure that.
- I’ve blogged angry (duh).
- I buy links. NO, NO I DON’T! I DON’T!
- I’ve used nofollow.
- I use tables when I can’t get divs to work.
- I’ve used Web 2.0 button generators.
- I tried to make money selling Acai Supplements. After feeling dirty, I gave up.
- I can’t predict the ROI.
- I use the phrase “social media” regularly (I lick 9-volts to atone).
- Your popular idea is dumb.
- Your unpopular idea is fantastic.
- You did everything right. It just didn’t work.
- We did everything right. It just didn’t work.
CEO & Founder
Ian Lurie is CEO and founder of Portent and the EVP of Marketing Services at Clearlink. He's been a digital marketer since the days of AOL and Compuserve (25 years, if you're counting). He's recorded training for Lynda.com, writes regularly for the Portent Blog and has been published on AllThingsD, Smashing Magazine, and TechCrunch.Ian speaks at conferences around the world, including SearchLove, MozCon, Seattle Interactive Conference and ad:Tech. He has published has published several books about business and marketing: One Trick Ponies Get Shot, available on Kindle, The Web Marketing All-In-One Desk Reference for Dummies, and Conversation Marketing.Follow him on Twitter at portentint, and on LinkedIn at LinkedIn.com/in/ianlurie. Read More