9 Things I’m Not Allowed to Say
Ian Lurie Jun 18 2009
- I don’t know.
- I can’t measure that.
- I’ve blogged angry (duh).
- I buy links. NO, NO I DON’T! I DON’T!
- I’ve used nofollow.
- I use tables when I can’t get divs to work.
- I’ve used Web 2.0 button generators.
- I tried to make money selling Acai Supplements. After feeling dirty, I gave up.
- I can’t predict the ROI.
- I use the phrase “social media” regularly (I lick 9-volts to atone).
- Your popular idea is dumb.
- Your unpopular idea is fantastic.
- You did everything right. It just didn’t work.
- We did everything right. It just didn’t work.
CEO & Founder
Ian Lurie is CEO and founder of Portent. He's recorded training for Lynda.com, writes regularly for the Portent Blog and has been published on AllThingsD, Forbes.com and TechCrunch. Ian speaks at conferences around the world, including SearchLove, MozCon, SIC and ad:Tech. Follow him on Twitter at portentint. He also just published a book about strategy for services businesses: One Trick Ponies Get Shot, available on Kindle. Read More