SEO 101 – Mobilizing the Public 2017
Shannon Walsh Aug 8 2017
Slide Deck and Resources
Slides from my presentation at Feeding America’s Mobilizing the Public Conference plus helpful tools, additional resources and free ebooks!
- Portent SEO Page Review Plugin A helpful tool for reviewing title tags, meta descriptions and other on page HTML elements.
- Answer the Public Get related content ideas with data scraped from Google’s “related searches” feature. This tool is awesome for content ideation or simply making your current content more robust.
- WebPageTest Test to see if your site adheres to basic site speed best practices.
- ImageOptim Easily compress images on your site to improve page load time.
- HTTPStatus.io Check server response for pages on your site.
- Search Console Create a free Search Console account with Google to check the health of your site and look for opportunities to reclaim links.
Relevant Blog Posts
- 5 Common SEO Mistakes This post covers common SEO mistakes sites make and how to fix them.
- The Ultimate Guide to Site Speed This post is a deep dive into making your site as speedy as possible.
- 5 Response Codes Everyone Should Know An older post but still as relevant today as when it was written, this post covers basic server response codes and what they mean.
Shannon graduated from Western Washington University with a degree in Marketing and has been working for Portent ever since. As an SEO Strategist, Shannon consults with clients ranging from non-profit organizations to global software companies. Read More